Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 361 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution
@jam2000

Have you got a link to show sales of blu ray are increasing? As far as i am aware DVD's still outsell blu ray, and both are in decline. Streaming has increased, maybe that shows convenience is more important than quality of picture.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 362 of 540

Go to solution
Strange as HD and 4k streaming is increasing as people want a quality picture. People don't want SD and are prepared to pay for quality
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 363 of 540

Go to solution
So no link to show blu ray sales are increasing then? Didn't think so as you just made that up to support your argument.
I did say streaming was increasing, good to know you speak for everyone when you say people are prepared to pay for quality, although the rise in people using kodi would dispute that.
0 Ratings
PBS83
Aspiring Expert
Message 364 of 540

Go to solution

@santerg wrote:
Hi Neil

I fully appreciate the terms I'd like to know what BT's take is on all this as us subscribers to the original two sky sports channels have been totally turned over here, I for one am awaiting replays from both watchdog and OFCOM.

I believe we are basically being robbed blind from 20th August. Sky sports main event channel is pretty much what sky sports 1 was before all of this so I'm not buying we get more and the pure fact the second channel is non existent I feel we are being duped into something that his highly shady as a product.

If I may ask, was the basis of your complaint to Ofcom related to Sky or BT?

I really don't think Ofcom are going to get involved in this at all. They identified two events as being of primary concern and they were - 1. Premier League and, to a lesser extent, 2. UEFA Champions League.

Sky are fulfilling their obligation of offering Premier League via Main Event and BT have complete exclusivity of the Champions League.

0 Ratings
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 365 of 540

Go to solution
If as you say "people" don't want sd, how come DVD's outsell blu rays then?
0 Ratings
Message 366 of 540

Go to solution

Please keep it on topic here guys.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
PBS83
Aspiring Expert
Message 367 of 540

Go to solution

@scointer wrote:

Sports is also only 720p not full HD (you complained about the Movies quality, this is even more relevant on fast moving sports as the difference between 720 and 1080 plays a factor).

It is all personal choice what works for one doesn't work for everyone.

What you've just stated there is a myth and isn't related to a juddery picture. The vast majority of human eyes cannot differentiate between 720p or 1080i/p. The only real way you could tell the difference is how far you sit from the TV. Even then, this is resolution and has no bearing on fast moving sport or a TV box set. Having used Now TV in the past, the Sky Sports option is perfectly watchable and very good for what it is.

Framerate is the reason fast moving sport could potentially be jittery. The way around that on most devices is to check the video output and change it to 50Hz instead of 60Hz. Sky Sports via Now TV broadcasts at 25 fps.

0 Ratings
tomm262
Aspiring Contributor
Message 368 of 540

Go to solution
It is sky trying to put people of using bt to watch premier league football.

Bt are going to charge people £33.50 from august for the privilege to watch premier league football.

Offering bt customers main event sky channel and sky sports extra that will hardly ever show anything.

There is nothing on sky sports extra for the next week or so.

Essentially your paying just for main event and the price is putting people of.

At least before you were getting sky sports 1 & 2 not bad for £27.

Sky will win as if not enough people sign up to this new set up bt will probably have no choice but to pull the channels.

As they have to pay sky a handling fee and would not be worth them paying it if not enough people sign up.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 369 of 540

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate that there is quite a bit of disappointment that the price of Sky Sports subscription over BTTV is increasing.  I also understand quite a few of you have been calling out for an explanation as to why BT has decided to increase prices.

It's been publicised in the past that Sky’s wholesale charges leave very little margin compared to the retail prices customers will pay, so this is certainly not a profiteering exercise for BT.

I don't have any more information around this.  I would also like to reiterate @NeilO's point around our rules.  We encourage healthy discussion provided this falls within our community's terms of use, please refrain from discussions which promotes 3rd party services, which includes the pricing of any such service.  Posts of this nature will be removed.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
tomm262
Aspiring Contributor
Message 370 of 540

Go to solution
So sky are trying to price bt out of the competition knowing people won't pay the price to bt to watch sky sports.

I think this is unfair as other providers get more sky sports channels for less wholesale.

This is probably due to the fact sky are scared bt will take customers from sky.

As bt are there main competition due to what they offer with bt sports.

One of the reasons why I joined bt was for the broadband and sports package.
0 Ratings