Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clique-al
Contributor
Message 381 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution
BBC are showing live coverage of PGA, they mentioned this on Sunday at end of their Open highlights. That was bril news.
Hope the rumors of BT getting "Masters" are true. Just what we golf fans need........
0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 382 of 540

Go to solution

@Adam80 wrote:
Am I missing something here? I've just cancelled over the phone and after first of all been told that we r getting exactly the same content. I was then asked if I have thought about getting now TV! ???

BT can hardly defend what's happening with their Sky Sports offering but amusing that even their reps are now reccomending Now TV. As it seems new customers to BT can't order Sky Sports either, perhaps BT are trying to wind down the service?

I shall give Now TV a go for a month but if not good enough for my needs will bite the bullet & get Sky.

0 Ratings
PBS83
Aspiring Expert
Message 383 of 540

Go to solution

@jam2000 wrote:

So sky has lost the pga golf to BBC and BT are rumoured to take the masters golf.

The US PGA decided not to renew the deal with Sky so they could pursue other, free, avenues to maximise exposure; Sky were not outbid for it in any way. I wouldn't mind The Masters going the same way in all honesty but I can't see it moving to BT if they intend on using the same thought process because they have less exposure than Sky. IF they decide on a similar route for The Masters, the likely outcome is to return all four days to the BBC instead of just two like we get currently.

Considering BT have no history of PGA coverage, and don't appear to have expressed much interest in launching any serious bids for golf coverage previously, I would take any talk with a pinch of salt, for now at least. Do you have a link for where you heard that BT are rumoured?

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 385 of 540

Go to solution

Just been reading a thread on the Now TV forum concerning picture issues on Sky's Sports channels. Apparently the picture freezes while the sound continues, and has been ongoing since January. The only channel unaffected at present is the Main Event channel.... Go figure eh! Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
PBS83
Aspiring Expert
Message 386 of 540

Go to solution

@jam2000 wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2017/07/25/bt-make-move-take-masters-sky/

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/notice-board/bt-sport-set-take-2017-masters-138863

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/2017/07/26/sky-sports-masters-pga-championship/

Thanks. I think it should be noted that two of those links actually take the rumour from The Telegraph, so there is only one real outlet reporting this, i.e. The Telegraph.

Many things can happen in the broadcasting world - just look at La Liga rights. These were reported to be all but signed on the dotted line for BT but they ended up staying with Sky. I think golf would be a good investment considering the amount of content and hours it provides, subject to that not having any detimental effect on other key rights / live events of course! Will be an interesting period ahead and definitely something to keep an eye on.

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 387 of 540

Go to solution
From my own experience, the "freezing" is only for a second or so and infrequent. It does not spoil the coverage, only a minor irritation.
0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 388 of 540

Go to solution

@MJH62 wrote:
From my own experience, the "freezing" is only for a second or so and infrequent. It does not spoil the coverage, only a minor irritation.

Yep, I've found the same. I'n using the black Now TV box, I found the App on my TV wasn't so good although may my TV's wifi isn't as good as that of the box...

0 Ratings
Milhouse
Contributor
Message 389 of 540

Go to solution
The reliability of your ISP will have a big effect too.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
CMW66
Beginner
Message 390 of 540

Re: Sky Sports?

Go to solution

I have just cancelled my Sky Ports Main Event through BT TV.

The final straw came when the Test Match was not on main event or the Sports Extra, instead we were offered interviews with motorcyclists and Gaelic football. Extra was not broadcasting anything

How is the Test Match not the Main Event when the alternative is interviews of Hungarian motorcyclists!

So I have gone from 2 channels to 1 and Sky not showing T20, Tests etc.

I wasn't informed and my charges remained the same.

Appears to me that BT have been royally done over.

i refuse to be done over and after a quick call to cancel was given a refund applied retrospectively. The sooner others do the same then Sky might change its policy.

0 Ratings