Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 391 of 540

Re: Sky Sports?

Go to solution

Sky aren't going to change their minds. They are counting on us cancelling and transferring our tv viewing across to their platform. Sky are doing this in an attempt to beat BT down. BT have been royally shafted by Sky.

CMW66
Beginner
Message 392 of 540

Go to solution

Well at least they aren't getting my £22 a month now.

like they give a **bleep**.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 393 of 540

Go to solution

As I have said elsewhere BT may not be 100% perfect but I will not be giving Sky any of my money per month.

Glad I never tane Sky Sports in the frist place.

The now im happy with the full BT Sports pack that I still seem to be getting for free plus the two Eurosport channels as part of my Entertanment Max package.

I would say only 40% of my TV viewing is sport. As im more in to TV shows/TV box sets and movies.

Darren

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 394 of 540

Go to solution

Yes @ney you are getting BT Sport for free on the Max package. It's free on Max and Total (the uhd pack).

0 Ratings
Michael1812
Aspiring Contributor
Message 395 of 540

Go to solution

Just cancelled my Sky Sports with BT.  They even offered to cancel it immediately without me even asking.  

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 396 of 540

Go to solution

I think that's the clear indication we needed which says BT are now prepared to see Sky Sports completely off the platform. Others have posted similar stories of being offered immediate cancellation with lost days viewing refunded. BT know they don't need Sky Sports on the BT TV platform anymore, if indeed they ever did to begin with. BT have been stung and they're somehow fighting back. Fair play to them!

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 397 of 540

Go to solution

Definately does seem that BT want to get rid of Sky Sports on BT TV. Think it might have gone done better with customers if they'd been honest abouit it and just siad"unfortunately we are no longer able to offer Sky Sports channels on BT TV". Will Sky Cinema be next to go?

Although this does seem to be driven by Sky, BT seem willing to let it lapse & much as I don't like to move over to Sky (as that's what they want!), sport, in particular football & cricket are important to me so I will be at least partially moving to Sky for that.

I'll probably end up with a mixture of BT & Sky as that may work out the most cost effective solution.

0 Ratings
IanW17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 398 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution
So my plan was to upgrade my dad's Sky account to Sky Go Extra, pay him the extra fiver a month and leach off that. However, that has gone totally out of the window as you can't use Sky Go Extra in conjunction with an discounted Sky tariff so that plan is now out of the question. With my BT contract ending next month, I have a difficult decision to make now. Do I find a way via BT TV or look at Sky or Virgin Media?

The whole situation just frustrates me. The purpose of having competition is to give the consumer a competitive option, but it seems the industry doesn't want to play fair. For me, splitting things across different providers is too messy, but the Now TV option may end up being the only viable option at this point.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 399 of 540

Go to solution
Well no-one is tied to just one supplier any more. The fact is you can get full Sky Sports legally via Now TV just by adding a Chromecast stick to your TV and buying passes as needed. This is what I do on top of BT TV.

Given this situation and the fact BT can only offer one channel now (plus an overflow), I think they are just acknowledging that they can't turn a profit on it, and the numbers subscribing through them for Sky Sports are probably so low as to not make it worth the hassle.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 400 of 540

Go to solution
The only plus for BT is now that Sky have no justification for demanding wholesale access to BT Sport. BT had recently lost a case to maintain wholesale access to Sky Sports which will have something to do with this. BT are probably planning not to try to renew their contract with Sky at the next renewal.
0 Ratings