Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 431 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

If you don't mind @andy_m1 I'll pm you in case I fall foul of any rules here.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 432 of 540

Go to solution

@andy_m1

Sent you the link this time. I seem to have missed actually adding it to the first message. I'll blame it on old age Man LOL

0 Ratings
Jay_23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 433 of 540

Go to solution

Hi, does anyone know if SS Main Event on BT TV will be showing the NFL games in September?

If it will be, i will order the sky sports for the month mid august so can watch the PL games aswell but if the NFL is not going to be on Main Event then i will order the now tv month pass.

Sky have them listed as:

FRI 8TH SEPTEMBER
Kansas City Chiefs @ New England Patriots
NFL - Week 1, Sky Sports Action (01:30)

SUN 10TH SEPTEMBER
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Miami Dolphins
NFL - Week 1, Sky Sports Action (17:30) - there is a PL game at this time so am guessing that will be on Main Event...

MON 11TH SEPTEMBER
NY Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
NFL - Week 1, Sky Sports Action (01:00)

But on Sky website, no mention of the main event channel and I only have access to a 14 day tv guide, any assistance would be appreciated!

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 434 of 540

Go to solution

******The following is only my reading of things and cannot be taken as a definite as Sky will obviously pick and choose as they see fit******

Sky haven't released their full scheduling for September so it's probably a bit too early to say.

As for the 10th September from your match list, IF Sky decided to show the Buccaneers v Dolphins they can utilise the 'Sky Sports Extra' channel for the EPL game.

Looking at the sports available on the 8th Sky MIGHT show the NFL as there are no other clashes, at least not at present. Likewise with the 11th NFL game.

Sorry I can't be of any more help BUT if you also want the EPL then you could still sign up to Main Event. If it transpires that they won't show any of the NFL it will be easy enough to remove Main Event again. A quick phone call will take care of that. You are after all only on a month-by-month contract for any 'bolt-on' such as Sky Sports.

0 Ratings
Jay_23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 435 of 540

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, it's so difficult now trying to guess what sky will show on Main Event!

It used to be so simple before as the overnight NFL games tended mostly to be on SS1 or SS2.

The critical day for me is this Sunday 13th as i will order a months sky sports in time for the Newcastle v Spurs game, its just do I take a gamble and order on BT or go with Now tv, preferred option would be BT as when i had now tv, just had many problems with buffering and picture break up, even though i have Infinity BB.

Like you say could go with BT (sky sports SD) and then if they decide not to show NFL on Main Event, can order a weeks worth on now tv.

This would work out to be only a couple of pounds more expensive than the monthly now tv pass.

I find the SD picture quality on the BT TV internet channels really good...not as good as the HD version but much better than freeview or satellite SD channels. 

Decisions...!

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 436 of 540

Go to solution

@andy_m1  Digiguide showing the Belgian F1 GP race as being live on Main Event on the 27th August from 12.30pm to 3.30pm

They also have Italian GP practice listed next month so would imagine that would mean the actual race also being shown on the Sunday.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 437 of 540

Go to solution
Thanks MadRob.

Taken in isolation Main Event is actually shaping up to be a really good channel, I think.

Jay_23 I think the reality is we'll only get a true feel for what's likely to be on after a few months of seeing what it shows.

My personal take on it from your point of view is that action and arena are likely to be the least popular of the new channels and the show times tend to be less crowded. It's only guesswork on my part but I reckon you'll be okay with Main Event. If nothing else, given you've had problems with NowTV then it sounds like it's potentially worth a gamble for a month or two?
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 438 of 540

Go to solution

I would tend to agree, certainly on the sports I would dip in and out of occasionally, that Main Event, at the moment, is looking like a useful addition.

0 Ratings
Jay_23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 439 of 540

Go to solution

Agree too with the above points, and have decided to go with BT on Sunday, try it for a month and then review again, should have a pretty good idea in a months time, how sky tend to schedule Main Event.

If it goes something like this, I'd be more than happy:

Every PL game (or on the extra channel)

Every Championship game (when not clashing with a PL game)

La Liga - big games

Midweek England cricket T20/ODIs

F1 race

Saturday night boxing

NFL games, Sunday evening/night & Monday Night

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Contributor
Message 440 of 540

Go to solution

I'm sorry guys, I don't care how good the content is...I still feel ripped off going from two channels to one, not mentioning the forthcoming price hike.Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings