Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melchet
Beginner
Message 471 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution
I'm not a fan of football and cancelled my SS1&2 subscription with BT due to reduced choice of sports and the large price increase. Today (Sat pm) I would have been denied Eng v Win test cricket and SA v Arg world rugby, as neither are on SS Main Event or SS Extra. I've therefore migrated to Now TV vouchers which give me access to all 10 SS channels. Picture quality at 720p is acceptable but noticeably inferior to BT supplied SS HD. Also the frequent video freezes and audio dropouts experienced on Now TV are very tiresome.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 472 of 540

Go to solution

Thanks @gomezz

I wasn't aware of that.  I suppose it's possible that could have had a bearing on Sky making the change to their previous choice. I guess folks will now have to wait until the following race to see what they plan in regard to F1 although with no EPL that weekend it would still be no guarantee of future coverage. A wait and see game!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 473 of 540

Go to solution
There a definitely concerns in the new regime that the pay tv deals signed by Bernie Ecclestone are leading to a drop in viewers. This has knock on effects for sponsors and also the long term sustainability of the sport. I have been clinging on to the hope that Sky have been put under some pressure to increase their viewer numbers and that Main Event was part of that. I must admit, though, this latest twist doesn't bode well!
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 474 of 540

Go to solution

CURRENTLY Digiguide has listed the Italian Grand prix as showing live on Main Event.

0 Ratings
ronfwilliams
Beginner
Message 475 of 540

Re: Sky Sports?

Go to solution
On BT with my Sky sports subscription I get Sky Main event on channel 402 and nothing on channel 416 which is the Sports Xtra channel. Is this how it should be?
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 476 of 540

Go to solution

First off the channel is called Extra (not Xtra). It is not the Sky online channel called Xtra, this is a different channel. It is only to show Premier League matches when there is something else clashing on Main Event. Are you saying Extra doesn't appear on your epg or is it just that there are no programmes on it? Curretly it only has an onscreen message informing the viewer of the reasoning behind the channel, that being that the channel is basically part time for Premier League overspill games.

0 Ratings
david1982
Contributor
Message 477 of 540

Go to solution
Thanks @MadRob the main purpose of these two channels is to give blanket coverage of Premier League football. If that's your scene then OK, but if you want Championship football , coverage of cricket test matches, and ATP tennis then your enjoyment will be intermittent.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 478 of 540

Go to solution

I think Championship football will be ok. Only one game hasn't been shown so far. I'd expect most of the EFL games to be broadcast.

You are correct though, primarily Sky has been delivered on the BT platform from the start to satisfy Premier League demands.

As for cricket & tennis etc, then yes, coverage is intermittent at best. It's certainly a bit of a shambles for followers of those sports.

0 Ratings
boyracerfred
Contributor
Message 479 of 540

Go to solution

I feel totally shafted. After a lot of thought I took up the BT offer after Vision demise and have Youview - a 12 month cost. Expecting SKY Sports 1 & 2 to continue as before. Now I find Main Event shows Celtic match instead of a Test Match, and the Extra channel has zilch. So who is to blame? Did BT know full well what was going to happen and kept quiet while I grudingly signed up? With SKY separating sports by channels I assume BT will not be able to provide them to me via an Essential or Entertainment package?

Seems like for the last few years I really should have given up with BT and gone with Murdoch - ugh!

0 Ratings
andystockbvb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 480 of 540

Go to solution

I simply refuse to pay the prices BT are charging for ONE channel.

0 Ratings