Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccallud
Contributor
Message 481 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

Well you say that @MadRob But Sky Still screwed up the 1st Championship game Aston Villa V Hull City they didnt switch over in time for KO and missed Villas goal ! hence why they have BT over a barrell and could do that several times over!

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 482 of 540

Go to solution

I'd forgotten about that @mccallud as I hadn't watched the game but I do recall reading about it.

Indeed you are correct, it's Sky's channel so they can do what they want with it.

The official viewing figures for broadcast sport, which get printed and commented on in the Digitalspy forums, seem to point to the fact that most Sky viewers prefer Main Event over the dedicated channels. I reckon that's because they have it on channel 401. I would imagine that they annoyed many of their own viewers on that particular Saturday, not just viewers with BT TV.

0 Ratings
mccallud
Contributor
Message 483 of 540

Go to solution

& Also what is the point of this Sky Sports Extra Channel ? seems a complete waste of time especially like suggested this weekend has the F1 on and at the same time West Brom V Stoke City so surely Sky should put the F1 on Main Event & the Premiership game on Sky Sports Extra ??

0 Ratings
ronfwilliams
Beginner
Message 484 of 540

Re: Sky Sports?

Go to solution

Thanks. On my epg I get Sky Main Events on channel 402 and Extra on channel 416.

I assumed there would actually be programmes shown on Extra as intimated in the formal advice from BT which advised "You’ll also get Sky Sports Extra that brings you the rest of the live Premier League games available on Sky Sports, which are not available through Sky Sports Main Event." To date nothing on the channel but appreciate all the responses through the forum and am working throgh them.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 485 of 540

Go to solution

@mccallud  Absolutely agree with you re this weekends F1 especially as it had been scheduled in the early programme information release. That has since unfortunately changed. I'm wondering if Extra will ever be anything other than a placeholder for Sky.

@ronfwilliams  You're welcome. You are correct in quoting BT but to date Sky have put all the Premier League on Main Event. As I've just said above, F1 would have been, in most peoples minds, a prime candidate for Main Event, with the 1st Premier League game of the day on Extra (as the early schedules indicated).

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 486 of 540

Go to solution

Sky sport channel on BT is now largely pointless; I've just ordered Sky Q which it seems is what both Sky and BT wanted customers to do. Until installed will make do with Now TV monthly sports pass. Incidentally I've found the quality/momentary freezing of picture to be much better with a Now TV box than  with the TV's NowTV app.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 487 of 540

Go to solution
@LesC with regards to the pass cancel and you get it for £20 a month
0 Ratings
boyracerfred
Contributor
Message 488 of 540

Go to solution

Thank you all so much. It seems I am not alone with my frustration. While fed up with BT I am being pushed into the dodgy arms of SKY. We have just witnessed the underhand tactics of them over the separation of Sports channels, and I fear for their next trick once we have joined by the thousands. I want Cricket, Golf, Rugby, Athletics but only major events ( in their entirety) BUT only want our  PL club   Football - don't watch the rest.  Seems NOW TV might help us be picky.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 489 of 540

Go to solution
I note that the guide now shows Italian Grand Prix fp1 and fp2 on Friday 1st Sept, but T20 blast all day Saturday (ie. No qualifying).

I'll give it a couple of days to see what the schedule for next Sunday looks like but the early promise of this channel for me is fading and it is looking increasingly like I will be cancelling and going back to NowTV passes.

Oh well...
0 Ratings
boyracerfred
Contributor
Message 490 of 540

Go to solution

I've never tried NOW TV. Anybody care to mention strengths and weaknesses. please?

0 Ratings