Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 501 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

Ta @MadRob Sky are screwing with BT as the bigger games on the 2nd round of games on Monday Night is on Main Event is Scotland V Malta were as the more interesting game & potentially the 2nd place decider game Northern Ireland v Czech Republic Sky  is on Sports Mix What !! surely SKy should swap that round along with the Friday games? as for the Scots if they dont win in Lithuania the game v Malta is pointless! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 502 of 540

Go to solution

Couldn't agree more with your points. I think instead of Sky using Main Event to showcase the 'main events' (in this case those matches you've highlighted) they are instead using it to show BT customers what they're NOT getting. A clever move on Sky's part as they attempt to wrestle viewers away from BT. Of course it could backfire completely and BT customers (eg. me as I'm in contract) may just cancel Main Event and make do with BT TV and Sport.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 503 of 540

Go to solution

yep.  Thats the latest twist in the Vision to Youview to demise of add-on Sky Sports 1+2 becomes Main Event + Extra (a blank channel).  I have to now think of cancelling this add-on.  Even Youview is a non-intuitive mess.  What with my PL club Arsenal in disarray - I might cancel the lot. Ordinary Freeview plus I have a PVR a way out?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 504 of 540

Go to solution

In the preview for the Scotland game last night on Sky Sports News, it was suggesting the game was still on Main Event. Which is good news as far as I am concerned, but I now think I should have taken out the Now TV offer of £20 a month for 4 months when it was available. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 505 of 540

Go to solution

I believe that the Friday 1 sept afternoon and evening schedules have been altered again. I have been observing the schedules this week and it is curious that the Youview EPG programme data for that day for SSME has at many times during the week been inconsistent with the programme data for the same channel on two other methods of transmission.

looks live the Scotland game is back on the schedule  .. would be wise to check again tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 506 of 540

Go to solution

Sky's own website now showing the Scotland game on the 1st as being on Main Event (as they had listed originally then changed). It's becoming a bit of a mess and makes it very difficult to keep up with all this chopping and changing by Sky.

Digiguide still showing San Marino v NI

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 507 of 540

Go to solution

I saw that @GerryMc If they dont do that now its been Advertised on Sky Sports News is that false advertising ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 508 of 540

Go to solution

Soddin Sky are taking the micky now advertised all day  it was sky sports news on from 10pm on deadline day and its bleeding rugby highlights I sooo annoyed Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 509 of 540

Go to solution

Welll I cannot see the Burnley v Crystal Palace Sunday lunchtime  Premier League game on the Youview schedule  for either Sky Sport Main Event or Extra channel on Sunday 10 Sept.

I assume it will appear on one of the  channels eventually but clearly it is currently missing. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 510 of 540

Go to solution

I'd assume it's to be on Extra as schedules elsewhere show cricket on Main Event from 10.30 until 15.30

If it doesn't appear on the epg it would be difficult for anyone who wishes to record it without having to record an entire block of "This is Sky Sports Extra" (or possibly two blocks as I'm not currently at my tv to see the guide).

One concern would be that Sky don't actually update the epg at all as BT TV is the only place that this "Extra" channel exists so no big onus on Sky to worry too much about it.

0 Ratings