Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesC
Expert
Message 231 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

@GerryMc wrote:

Email received with confirmation SD is up £5.50. Only BT can make it sound a positive. I appreciate this charging structure is down to Sky, but a small apology from Libby in the email for the 25% increase wouldn't have gone amiss. Hopefully link works. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59480/?s_cid=con_FURL_help/channelchanges

I notice it says £33.50 for Sky Sport in HD. My billing shows Sky Sport in HD for £27 but I think this is because I pay £5 for HD Extra bolt on. So I'm wondering if the £33.50 incluses the £5 in which case the increase may be 'only' £1.50 (ie £33.50 - £5) ??

Perhaps a MOD could confirm please?

0 Ratings
santerg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 232 of 540

Go to solution
Email received and I've now sent an email to watchdog total farce
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 233 of 540

Go to solution

I would suggest OFCOM would be a better channel (or then again maybe not). SKY strike again offer less but vary it and charge the earth. I totally understand why BT will not shoulder the charge but it makes it look terrible all round. BT should come out and say 'this is what SKY are giving us, sorry'.

How can SKY charge more for wholesale cost than it charges its customers full price and give 20% of the channels, I would like to see OFCOM allow BT to do that with its Broadband wholesale charges.

0 Ratings
Message 234 of 540

Go to solution

Hi @LesC What channels are available in the HD Extra bolt-on? confirms the channels included in the bolt on and Sky Sports is not there.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 235 of 540

Go to solution

@JohnC2 wrote:

Hi @LesC What channels are available in the HD Extra bolt-on? confirms the channels included in the bolt on and Sky Sports is not there.

Cheers

John

Thanks for the clarification John. Does that mean Sky Sports HD subscription is indeed increasing from £27 to £33.50 ?

0 Ratings
Message 236 of 540

Go to solution

Hi @LesC From the 20 August 2017  the High Definition Sky Sports bolt on will be £33.50 a month.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 237 of 540

Go to solution

@JohnC2 wrote:

Hi @LesC From the 20 August 2017  the High Definition Sky Sports bolt on will be £33.50 a month.

Cheers

John

Thanks John,

Looks like it's NowTV for me too then - **edited by mod**...... Shame really as it means many of us will be doing exactly what Sky want us to do - ie move to them  😞

0 Ratings
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 238 of 540

Go to solution
Oh well - looks like my experiment might last for the minimum contractual term of one month then with that price increase.

Shame, I was actually quite excited about it but that price is more than a monthly pass on NowTV.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 239 of 540

Go to solution

I know it's not the fault of BT as I'm certain Sky fix these prices but that is a crazy price increase.

Taking the cost of the Sky Sports channels alone, no other bundles etc, BT TV will be the most expensive place to take out a Sky Sports sub. Not only that, but it's only one channel, with many sports not even being covered in their entirety (eg. some live cricket being used purely as a filler while Sky viewers get to watch the full match).

I don't call 'Extra' a channel as there will be weeks there won't even be anything on it as it's only for clashing EPL matches.

As predicted a couple of days ago the mods are already having to censor posts on the subject.

The only winners out of this will be Sky as they attempt to drive another nail in the BT coffin. To think we, as BT subbers, get access to some of the EPL, but ALL of the Champions League/Europa League, and much more besides for the more casual viewer, and only pay £3.50 monthly (or zero quid for some of us).

Sky (Sports) can do one as far as I'm concerned. Once again I'll say what I've said before, BT TV more than takes care of my tv entertainment needs, and I'm more than happy with the sport on BT.

0 Ratings
santerg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 240 of 540

Go to solution
I have done both so we shall see
0 Ratings