Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 411 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

I'm out today but at home tomorrow so might just do what I was contemplating yesterday and that's to go ahead and sign up. Might be the only one left on the service when they ultimately cut it completely from BT TV.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 412 of 540

Go to solution

They'll just do what they did with the cricket, put darts or [insert minority sport here] on Main Event , and move football to Sky Sports Football. Maybe not every match, but when it suits them commercially.
No guarantees.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 413 of 540

Go to solution

BT sport own the rights to MotoGP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 414 of 540

Go to solution

Really.
It was an example , if a bad one, of another sport. I will edit it in order to avoid irrelevant pedantry.

the point being that the other day the Test Match was not available as Main Event was showing a Gaelic Football preview show!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 415 of 540

Go to solution
Cancelled my BT TV today, but retained Broadband and line. I will be getting my BT Sport and Sky Sports ( in full HD) fix elsewhere at a good deal, albeit for 12 months. Very happy with what I ended up with.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 416 of 540

Go to solution

They can move the football elsewhere as is their right but the Premier League at least is guaranteed on Main Event, or when necessary, on Extra as per the agreement made between the 2 parties.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 417 of 540

Go to solution

Just been reading elsewhere that Saturday evening's EFL game on Main Event was joined 'in progress' as a gaa match had went into injury time. Apparently the 1st goal of the EFL game was missed. Doesn't bode well for the future.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 418 of 540

Go to solution
The other thing this year is that both the EFL and premier league are up for renewal as we speak and December respectively so I think their will be one final almighty ding dong for both and honestly think the vast amounts of money being invested will come down but I can see whoever comes out on top in both will move forward rapidly.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 419 of 540

Go to solution

The EFL bids are RUMOURED to have gone to a 2nd round but I'd be more fearful of BT being outdone in the next EPL bidding. There's a worrying story in today's Sunday Telegraph. Not sure it's within the rules to post a link but if you Google "BT Sunday Telegraph" you'll see this in the results "BT football strategy up in the air after shock substitution".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 420 of 540

Go to solution

I said yesterday I might sign up today but unsure after the way yesterday's EFL game was apparently handled. Don't want to go down the Sky route as I broke from them 3 years ago and not keen to go back. NowTV not necessarily an option either as I tend to need to record the games as I usually am not around to catch the start of games so playing catch up via a recording is my weapon of choice. It's what I normally do with the BT 5.30 Saturday kick offs.

0 Ratings