Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 511 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution
If you set up a recording for "This is Sky Sports extra" and the epg changes at a later date to reflect the fact that they are showing the match would it still record during the times for when the recording was set or, having failed to find a programme called "This is Sky Sports extra", would it not record anything at all?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 512 of 540

Go to solution

@andy_m1 wrote:
If you set up a recording for "This is Sky Sports extra" and the epg changes at a later date to reflect the fact that they are showing the match would it still record during the times for when the recording was set or, having failed to find a programme called "This is Sky Sports extra", would it not record anything at all?

Typically if the programme you have previously scheduled is not transmitted you will end up eventually with a failed recording.  It will ultimately I think depend upon whether the broadcaster changes the identity (CRIDS etc) as well as the programme title.

i suggest you wait and see how the schedule changes over the next few days.

0 Ratings
mccallud
Contributor
Message 513 of 540

Go to solution

Well @MadRob Even thought I am a Scotland supporter & glad Sky Sport Main event have got the small matter of the Scotland Malta game on if I was a Northern Ireland fan i would be raging that game V Czech Republic is not on Main Event ?

& why can't the use the Sky Sport Extra for occassions like this I dont get it!

0 Ratings
boyracerfred
Contributor
Message 514 of 540

Go to solution

Exactly.  EXTRA would be perfect to cover difficult clashes - but it appears to have been marketed as PL matches only?

I have yet to see any event on it....just blank. I think SKY have BT by the tender bits and squeezed.  Problem is I now feel similarly squeezed.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 515 of 540

Go to solution

@mccallud. Indeed you would think the NI match would be the 'main event' of the night. I think it would appeal more to the casual fan as it could be billed as a play off decider.

I also feel Extra should be showing more than the rare EPL overspills. There has been ample opportunity to use it for cricket etc instead of cutting coverage short to shoe horn in a football match.

0 Ratings
Message 516 of 540

Go to solution

I've decided to give it a go. Looking at the listing for the other sky sports channels it appears anything worth watching (for me anyway) is on SS Main Event. I'm still quids in compared to what i was paying for sky. I'll miss having a dedicated cricket channel but the money I'll save is going towards a season ticket for my local county cricket club.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 517 of 540

Go to solution

I also have to say it still works for me but then again I'm primarily after the EPL football. Anything else I just dip in and out of. With BT having some EPL but all the Europa and Champions League football I'm more than happy with the 'overall' offering.

0 Ratings
Message 518 of 540

Go to solution

Sorry if this has been asked already but is anyone with Digiguide able to see if next weeks F1 is on or is it only on Sky Sports F1 ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 519 of 540

Go to solution

@benwiddowson wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked already but is anyone with Digiguide able to see if next weeks F1 is on or is it only on Sky Sports F1 ?

Thanks

Looking at Youview EPG. Next Sunday. SSME is showing Premier League games at the time when the Grand Prix is scheduled.

the Singapore Grand Prix is being covered by Channel  4 as well as Sky so you should still be able to wTch it.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 520 of 540

Go to solution

Digiguide showing the same listings.

0 Ratings