Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 171 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

@jam2000Personally I would go with the newer Now TV Smart box as it outputs 50Hz which is native to the UK. The Roku boxes have more content but don't run at 50Hz unfortunately. Sorry for the late post, was out all day.

0 Ratings
Adam80
Beginner
Message 172 of 540

Go to solution
Your not allowed to talk about now tv on here tho 😳😂
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 173 of 540

Go to solution

Just noticed that after I posted as I simply replied to jam's post as it was the 1st unread one I had and I felt it only fair not to ignore the guy. A mod will probably censor it anyway so it can stay up until they do. I have a feeling come Monday they are going to be busy censoring posts if the price stays as is for ONE sports channel from Sky.

0 Ratings
Adam80
Beginner
Message 174 of 540

Go to solution
1and a bit channel for the price of 2 is a bargain. I don't know what everyone's problem is. But I can't say too much cos the powers that be might remove me 🙄
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 175 of 540

Go to solution

I think if you go back to page 14 and read my post re upcoming coverage of the cricket you may understand better why some people are having a moan. This 'new' channel is filling gaps with partial coverage of events which Sky customers will see in their entirety.

The 'Extra' channel really should be used for more than just clashing Premier League fixtures. I know BT aren't to blame for this, and I feel sorry for the mods who are going to feel the backlash on here.

In my opinion Sky are doing this to attempt to steal viewers away from BT. If the early mood is anything to go by then Sky are going to be successful with this strategy. BT TV viewers are being treated shoddily by Sky, NOT BT, and personally I prefer to deal with BT for my tv consumption.

0 Ratings
clique-al
Contributor
Message 176 of 540

Go to solution

Couldn't agree more with you......BT for me too. Sky just pot hunter, rip-off charges.

0 Ratings
Adam80
Beginner
Message 177 of 540

Go to solution
It's ok saying bt are not to blame for this but where is anyone to tell us about prices? Gonna send a letter out on 17th when change happens on 18th! Sorry but to me that is just wrong.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 178 of 540

Go to solution

Yes @Adam80 I agree with you re pricing, that is definitely BT's fault, leaving the most important news until one day prior to launch is a really bad move. However, I'm blaming Sky for the product they are supplying BT, I don't honestly think BT have a say in that.

What will be important will be the price we are expected to pay, but remember Sky will have a massive say in that too. I'm sure they are watching these forums salivating at the potential subscriber base they could be getting as people 'possibly' jump ship from BT.

Personally I'm stayng put and if Sky Sports on BT TV is overpriced I'll simply make do with what I currently have on BT Sport/TV.

0 Ratings
IanW17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 179 of 540

Go to solution
Being primarily a football fan, it would make sense for me to stay with BT, especially with the more affordable pricing. All about principles for me though, I will not be paying £27 A month for just one channel. At the same time, I can't see myself going back to Sky due to their ridiculous prices. My contract is coming up for renewal though, so will review everything and see BT can offer me a great deal. If not, then I may see what Sky and Virgin can offer.

In terms of watching Sky Sports, there's always the pub and I have the option of visiting my dad's place too as he has Sky TV (in SD sadly).
0 Ratings
sioxl
Beginner
Message 180 of 540

Go to solution
I can't say I'm happy about the decision from Sky but I don't think this is all done and dusted yet. I expect BT will launch a counter strike and do something similar with the BT sport channels they provide to Sky. I watch a variety of sport and it's disappointing I won't get to see them all now. By going to Sky now though, I run the risk of not being able to watch Champions League football should BT reconfigure their own channels. I think my future might be a Now TV/BT combination
0 Ratings