cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 201 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder. The BTCare Community Forums are intended for the discussion of issues related to BT products and services. Please keep your posts within the guidelines. It’s ok to chat about BT pricing for Sky Sports etc but there are quite a few posts on this thread moving off topic so please stick to the guidelines. Discussing Sky’ pricing and offers is not allowed.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 202 of 540

Go to solution

Understood @DavidM. Think we are allowing ourselves to get a little carried away. I for one will be sticking with what I have.

0 Ratings
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 203 of 540

Go to solution
Looking at this, and assuming it can all be taken at face value, the new pricing for Sky customers sees them paying £22 for 2 channels of their choice. We BT customers can now pay the same amount for 2 channels not of our choice - so for BT customers there will be some losers, but also some winners.

Assuming the NowTV website faqs are accurate, every f1 race will be live whilst BT have made it clear that every Premier League game will be available. So I'll be amongst the winners and I've almost definitely made up my mind to go with it.

If they mean what they say about Main Event then this could be an excellent channel - you'd imagine it would have things like old firm derbies, el classicos, US Open tennis finals etc. Perfect if you like to dip in and out of major sporting events - less good if you like to follow a particular sport.

It looks as though xtra has been showing some stuff other than Premier League as well - La Liga, Rugby League - so that might continue and could be a good companion.

If multi-day events (yes, I know that includes f1!) like golf or test cricket are your thing then I would assume you'll be amongst the losers as it looks like that coverage could be decidedly patchy.

It seems to me that Sky could have met its unregulated commitments to competition by just offering SS Premier League and SS Cricket so there is obviously a benefit to them in the alternative approach that they have taken - but like I say, some of us just might benefit as a result.
0 Ratings
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 204 of 540

Go to solution
Edit - Eurosport have the US Open now don't they. ATP Tour though...
0 Ratings
Adam80
Beginner
Message 205 of 540

Go to solution
Just a few days and all will be made clear, apparently
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 206 of 540

Go to solution

The new Sky Sports Extra channel being supplied to BT only is NOT the same channel as Sky Sports Xtra in its current form. Both Sky and BT have confirmed that the ONLY content on this channel, and the only time it will actually be on air, is when they have to put a Premier League football match on it because of a clash with something on the Main Event channel. There will be NO La Liga, rugby league, or ANY other programming on there, ONLY the odd Premier League game.

0 Ratings
Adam80
Beginner
Message 207 of 540

Go to solution
It's the opposite to a buy one get one free offer. Buy 2 get......well 1 (and a bit)
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 208 of 540

Go to solution

So Sky are making you buy two channels, as before all the Premier league football was on Sky Sports 1. Now it looks like it will be over 2 channels meaning you have to take both now.

0 Ratings
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 209 of 540

Go to solution
Thanks for clarifying MadRob. That's obviously less good!
0 Ratings
IanW17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 210 of 540

Go to solution
So much confusion and complication with how Sky will deliver their sport and all they have to do is do what BT do on the Sky platform, give us the option to buy the channels direct from Sky. They can then dictate the pricing and bring in more subscribers. I really don't see what the problem is?

To have to set up a fake sports channel to cover PL clashes just for BT is ridiculous. The more I think about it, the it angers me actually. What ever happened to competition in the marketplace?
0 Ratings