cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruth554422
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Sky sports this is getting ridiculous

Surely a customer should be able to nominate what box they have sky sports on. On top of that if we decided to cancel the second box we have to wait 30 days. This is clearly a urgent issue that has not been sorted for years.

Basically my only choice seems get sky in or now TV its like BT don't want the money. A person on the phone thought you could nominate a box so we thought Jackpot they finally sorted it gets into the account to realize it can't be done.

Instead of getting box nation why not sort out this issue on the system.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
KernowChris
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sky sports this is getting ridiculous

Just physically move the boxes around, unplug and move them. Issue solved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hooba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I think you can nominate a box. First you need to cancel the extra box subscription. After that you nominate your main box. If you then want to watch any subscription channel on the second box, you fire up the second box. I'll tell you that your subscription channels are on a different box, but invite you to nominate the second box instead.

So - it's a bit of a faff. And means you can only ever access subscription channels (and recordings of those channels) on one box at a time. But it's fairly trivial to switch between the 2.

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 4 of 5

We decided to cancel the second box had a right carry on doing it and even lost every channel except BT sport sd for 24 hours. We now have sky sports on BT as of half a hour ago. We however have all our channels except AMC HD for some reason. I have seen the message you get if you try to use two boxes now. It seams like you can switch between the two boxes easy enough but we decided against doing that and ordered the cheapest sky package for the bedroom. Just wondering though is it possible to have BT sport on BT and sky. Obviously we are keeping the BT box with sky sports in the living room.
0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

No you can only have BT Sports on Sky or BT Box. I know I've been there.

I too find it ludicrous that if you have two BT boxes you cant have Sky Sports but I did some digging and its not actually BT's fault but Sky's. BT can't put it on two boxes as this imitates Sky's own "multiroom" and the agreement between BT and Sky is its a per box subscription so to put Sky Sports with two BT boxes they would have to charge you twice, one for each box and as BT won't do this you cant have Sky Sports with two boxes.

Way I solved it quite easily was to get a Now TV box and I just pay for a cheap pass off the Ebay when there is something on Sky Sports I want to watch !

Saves £££££'s and also does BT out of pocket too for the daft rule. Win Win.

0 Ratings