Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

Slow remote response.

Go to solution
My youview box (2nd gen, not uhd) is very slow at responding to the remote. I have changed the batteries with no success and it is the same with my universal remote. It sometimes responds immediately but for some reason on many occasions it can delay for ages on a button almost like it can't keep up. This happened for a few days around 6months ago but it seemed to fix itself. It's back again and equally frustrating. I have turned it on and off with the hard switch at the back but it made no difference. Any ideas. Thanks.
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Slow remote response.

Go to solution
0 Ratings
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
I've had a look. But this suggests a broken remote on these threads. The blue light flashes every time on the remote and it also controls the TV volume and input/ source with no problem and as stated earlier the universal remote operate the same as the youview one, suggesting it may be something on the box causing it. I suppose a full factory reset may be on the cards as a last resort. Losing all those recordings will be a bummer though.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/top_tip_soft_reset_reboot_power_cycling_maintenance_mod...

gives advice on various maintenance mode resets -

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-13...

the option 4 internet recovery keeping recordings is probably worth trying.

0 Ratings
steve6690
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

My Youview+ remote has worked intermittently from day 1, and it's been months now. I've tried all the resets and other "fixes" to no avail until tonight. I read that it might be caused by screen radiation from my TV, so I put some masking tape over the IR receiver on the Youview box. Problem fixed. Can't believe it.

0 Ratings
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Like the last time the slow response was occuring, the problem has fixed itself. I didn't reset the box or do anything. I just woke up a couple of days ago and it was working again every press. Really weird to be honest.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Glad to hear you got it sorted @steve6690 and @ab79. I'll mark this as solved (albeit a bit of a mystery Smiley Frustrated) but if you have any other problems please post on the relevant board and we'll try to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks a lot. I Appreciate the help. I've been racking my brains trying to figure out what it is but I just don't know. One thing I do know is: I don't want to see my wife getting that annoyed again over selecting an episode of neighbours to watch, out of the 50 thousand (or so) on there. Which she NEVER deletes by the way!! May be they were clogging the box up.
0 Ratings
akis
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
Hi, I have same problem since day 1. I have already tried everything without success .... except this masking. Could you please clarify what do you exactly mean about "some masking" the IR receiver on the Youview box? Thanks.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

The remotes ir sensor is on the front of the box on the right side as you look at it. You can see its exact position if you shine a torch on that side of the box. Simply cut a small piece of paper or similar (some people have used a small piece of dark coloured garden netting) and stick it over the sensor. That did the trick for me when I had problems at a time when I had a plasma tv which was interfering with the Youview box remote signal.

0 Ratings