cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akis
Message 11 of 15

Re: Slow remote response.

Go to solution

I will try it asap. I still have my old plasma TV, so i hope this helps. Thanks for your prompt response. 

0 Ratings
reedp2
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

I have had 2 replacement YouView boxes since the old one died (along with about 40 hours of recordings!). The first replacement had a remote which did not work at all (would not control the TV or the YouView box); this was replaced as the box would not access purchased content. The 2nd replacement is better (I can access purchased content) but the remote is v unresponsive (although it controls the TV OK). To operate the YouView box I have to press repeatedly and hold the buttons down (the blue light is functioning OK). I have tried a factory reset to no avail (I had no recordings left anyway). Nothing else in the setup has changed, my other devices all work fine.

I note the "fix" of masking tape over the IR sensor - can someone tell me how that works as surely the IR would just not work at all on the box?? Any other fixes??

By the weay, I retained the remote from the old YouView box, and it is the same (so I am sure the remotre controller is not the problem).

All advice gratefully received. Phil

0 Ratings
Tima02
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution
I have exactly this issue with slow response. I have 2 remotes with same issue so I'm sure it's the box. Can someone explain this tape over the IR sensor fix. As surely it won't work at all if it's taped up?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Tima02
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
Did you get this issue with the remote fixed?
0 Ratings
johnclegg
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Slow response from youview box....it seems to me that it is interfacing with the FEP in the exchange...also downloads from BT really muck thing up , like no fast forward after pausing live TV , the only way forward is to change channel and then change back again...

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Are downloads causing my problem?

John

0 Ratings