cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dowlandr
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub 6 / IPC6023 error / Youview BT Extra Channels

I recently got a BT Smart Hub 6, and I am able to watch the extra (internet) channels such as BT Sport fine for just under 5 mins before the IPC6023 error appears.  The same issue occurs when I try and record one of the channels.  The G4 box indicates that the recording is in progress but when you come to play it back it has only ever recorded up to 5mins of the program.

I am on Fibre to the Premises with 73M/bits download speed.  Youview box is cat 5 cabled directly to the router.

I spoke to BT directly and they were unaware of any issue with the Hub 6 and so have sent out a replacement.  I get exactly the same issue on the replacement Hub 6.  However, my Hub 5 works absolutely fine with no issue...   It appears to a problem specifically with the Hub 6.

I can see that a few people here may have suffered a similar issue, but I haven't been able to see any solution to the problem...

If anyone is able to help it would be appreciated before I return the second Hub 6 to BT to get a refund and stick with the Hub 5.

Many thanks....

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub 6 / IPC6023 error / Youview BT Extra Channels

@dowlandr I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT TV service after getting a Smart Hub.  The IPC6023 error is normally caused by broadband speed issues or a problem with multicast (TV) signal on the broadband network.  Did you try a comparative speed test when the Smart Hub was connected to see if you are getting the same speed as the Hub 5?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dowlandr
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi @NeilO,

Thank you for your reply...  Yes I have run a speed test on both of the Hub 6's that I received and compared against the Hub 5 and am receiving the same speeds...  There doesn't appear to be any problem with the playing of the internet channels up until the point that they stop playing, i.e. no breakup in picture or sound. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@dowlandr Thanks for confirming that, I think we'll be best getting the Hub and TV teams to look at this for you.  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
dowlandr
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks @NeilO, have completed the contact form accordingly....  thank you for your help....

0 Ratings