Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 15

Re: So I'm off, I have my cancellation email

Go to solution

@JohnC2wrote:

Hi @4KTVFan I can assure you that you won't be charged and if in the unlikely event you are ...

Sorry John, that doesn't make sense.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Well I'm about to have to run the same gauntlet as I am giving notice tomorrow. I'll let people know what I receive via email.

I have had this box since November 2014 so am clearly way beyond any time limit for charging for it.

The reason for keeping it - well of course it is a decent PVR for Freeview channels, and there is a large backlog of recordings that need watching on it.

But it is on its last legs with sound glitches on BT Extra Channels and has had to be reset a couple of times when it started exhibiting cyclic Freeview picture breakup. BT would be welcome to it if it wasn't for the recordings.

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

On Monday 1st July I cancelled my BT TV, but from reading these Posts on the Forum I was pre-warned that I was likely to get these "Return or be charged" Alerts on My BT Account even though I knew I was OK to keep the box as it was four years since I got it........ but I was ready to take the advice and just ignore them.

So, I cancelled on 1st July and pretty much straight away got the Alert on my account to return box by 31st July or be charged..... my ignoring commenced.  However, within two or three days the Alert to return my box had vanished from my account, I'm assuming someone somewhere has picked up on the fact I didn't need to return my kit and cleared my Alert????

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

My alert has not gone even though my equipment is several years own and I have renew my subscription several times.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Well I have just cancelled which was a painless process.

I was clear on my phone call that I was keeping the box and the lady agreed that I could as I have had it 4 1/2 years. She said she had selected the option saying I would keep the kit and I wouldn’t get a returns bag.

All good.....

Until I immediately get an email through telling me how to return the box using the returns bag!

doh!!

let’s see what alerts I get now....

0 Ratings