cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

So far not a fan

Had to move from sky to by you view. So far I'm not keen. The most frustrating thing for me is having to now watch all my fave shows via apps which force me to watch adverts! I can't record anything I enjoy. Freeview TV is impossible to access, where the heck is it? Also the small simple remote is grand but the big long one can go in the bin. The worst design I've ever encountered. I can't read the buttons, the texture is too slippy and the 2 central direction sections are too close. I've just spent half an hour hitting the wrong buttons and getting more and more annoyed!! Where can I purchase the small simple remote please urgently? 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: So far not a fan

Not sure why you are having to watch via apps - as all available BT channels are recordable from the Guide.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 3 of 16

The main reason I can think of why you cannot get the Freeview channels is that you have not connected a DTT (aka Freeview) aerial to your BT Youview box.

As for the ergonomics of the remote control then I use a third party Harmony remote control for all my TV devices but there are other cheaper makes and models which may suit your needs.
Message 4 of 16

I bought a One For All (8) remote from Home Bargains for around £12, the BT box isn't among the listed codes but I used the search method and found the right code in just a couple of minutes.

Message 5 of 16

The BT Youview box shares the same codeset as other Humax models such as the Freesat HDR and the Fox T2.  You will probably need to teach it the My TV code using the original remote control though but you can get by without it at the expense of an extra key press or two.

Message 6 of 16

I'm quite a fan! The guide is on the home page, but also there's a button for it on the remote that you threw away.
Sky know their stuff, and I used to have a Sky box which had a great UI, but this Humax is the best of an otherwise ropey bunch.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

I think you mis understood the comment 'it can go in the bin' which was a point being made about not liking it. I did not actually throw it in the bin! Also the useful home button is only one one remote. We have 2 boxes and the second remote is awful. Far too big and fiddley.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

The reason is.... On sky all my fave shows are downloadable so if I miss them I download and watch without ads or can at least fast forward them. On this box you either have to remember to record everything or watch it on the app with ads. Also on sky I could start a Prog on 1 box, stop it and move to another room and start watching exactly where I left off. I can't even watch the recording on another box with this. Where you record is where you watch it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Freewiew was sorted finally. I really would prefer the 2 remotes for the 2 boxes were the same. 1 is brill and the other is hideously bad. Of course I know I could indeed by another but really I would prefer BT just supplied 2 the same.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Personally I've never got this absolute fascination with being able to watch the same recording on a different box, why is there a need for that?

0 Ratings