cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: So far not a fan

Because I am a very busy person who lives with other people and I don't always get to spend a solid hour or hour and a half in peace in the one room to enjoy a programme. If I have to cut it short I want to be able to pick up where I left off and that is invariably in a different room. Personally I don't get why people would consider that an 'absolute fascination' but rather a practical solution to sharing space with others and having choice. Once you have been used to that level of service and choice it is irritating not to have it anymore.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Just a change of mindset for you is all that required, i now regularly use the app to search for upcoming shows and then set series to record.

This coming from a sky subscriber for 18 years. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

I can see that.

Obviously Sky is a complete ecosystem at a premium price. I'm just using the box as a standalone with no BT subscription, but if I were a subscriber, the lack of this kind of functionality would be an issue.

I'm not sure to what degree BT can get Humax to implement all the features they'd like, whereas Sky are clearly the masters at this. Seems to me that multi-room functionality should be very doable, but perhaps there wouldn't be enough payback.

I can easily see a use-case where one starts watching something in the living room, but then wants to finish off from the bedroom. Would be a cool feature (and would possibly sell more boxes).

Message 14 of 16

I think part of the issue as well is BT are a broadband provider first & foremost whereas Sky are a tv provider, BT are usually cheaper as well hence the different functions

Message 15 of 16

Use what app? 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

BT TV app
0 Ratings