cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Software Update 28.26.0 for BT supplied YouView boxes

When are BT supplied YouView boxes going to get software Update 28.26.0? It seems these are always the last to get an update! Or is there a more major update on the way that BT are waiting for?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Software Update 28.26.0 for BT supplied YouView boxes

BT are always the last boxes to get updated. They are also the last to receive test software (I'm taking this info from various sources online). The 'retail' Humax boxes have been updated for some time now and will continue to be the first to receive subsequent updates. BT are in danger of getting left behind (again)!

0 Ratings
Niko1
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I know, it's so bad. Been out about a month on retail boxes. It's a pain when you exit an episode only to be thrown to the main recording page and nearly delete the whole series!

Not much to ask for that we get updates as soon as they are released is it? We didn't want this rubbish nextgen software that puts the box back 3 years anyhow..
0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 4 of 7

0 Ratings
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the information but unfortunately BT are not yet rolling out 28.26 to the original YouView box the DTRT1000. The current phased rollout currently only supports these box models:T2100, T2110, T2200 and the T4000. Hopefully the older box will get the update sometime. But given the time it has taken for BT to roll 28.26 to these models I am not holding my breath.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 6 of 7

I still have the BT Youview  T1000 that I now just use as a Freeview PVR and for the catch up players in another room and box still work 97%/98% fine.

I have for well over 18 months now been using the G4 box for BT TV services.

I have had a feeling for a while now that there will come a time when they will stop surpport for the older T1000 boxes as those boxes have been disconnected or a while now.

Darren

0 Ratings
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I don't doubt that eventually support for the BT Youview DTR- T1000 will finish, but 28.26 has been rolled out to the identical Humax Retail DTR-T1000. So this raises the question as to why the update is not being rolled out to the BT suppied box which I am sure is still being used by a considerable number of people. Perhaps a BT rep could answer this question.

0 Ratings