cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Software reset!

Go to solution

Turned on my box today and was presented with the 'software reset' dialogue box. 

What's happening? I now have to go through the whole pain of resetting up the box again.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Software reset!

Go to solution

@Caher 

They do that occasionally I'm afraid. Once you've done options 1,2 or 4 there's not much setting up to do other than retuning the channels and resetting the volume, confirm deletion and repairing the app.

All recordings & scheduled recordings remain - the schedule is slowly picked up from the servers.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Unfortunately @Caher  if it is the same box that you experienced issues with series record of Frazier discussed in separate thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Cannot-series-record/m-p/2187838#M63869

it does look like the box has determined that issues now warrant a reset … possibly only the complete factory reset will cure although certainty worth trying the  partial resets that preserve recordings.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yes it is and it will now series record again. Just that now I've lost all my recordings. I suppose I should be able watched them anyway!

0 Ratings