Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Software update - Downloading fail

Go to solution

I noticed a message 'Checking for software updates' as the box loaded yesterday.  It loaded as normal but I decided to check the settings anyway. The menu screen option for Software update on the Device Management screen says it was last checked on 26 November.  From what I can recall it usually shows the current date as the date last checked, so I assumed it was out of date. When I ran the Get Update option it searched and then almost instantly came up with the message 'Downloading failed'.

I've had the same problem repeatedly today.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Is it a known problem?

What are my options?

Normally I would simply switch the box off and do a reload but other than the above problem everything seems to be funcioning normally. I might end up with no service at all if there is a fault somewhere.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Software update - Downloading fail

Go to solution

Well the current manufactuer software levels are I believe

21.60.50 for the YouView Ultra HD box and 21.50.50 is the version for all other YouView boxes from BT.

You can check your version level by Youview>Settings>System Information>Software Versions.

What is the version on your box ?

0 Ratings
derek918
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, I noticed that yesterday when checking settings: Software update, Last checked 26 Nov 2015, when I click on "Get update" button I instantly get the DOWNLOADING FAILED message too. My software version is 21.50.50 which I believe is right.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I suspect that assuming you are on the latest BT retail versions the apparent failures may be related to there being a later retail Humax release (it was announced 24 November). I would expect that release or a similar one would be coming to BT boxes later - So if you have the current latest BT box release software I would not worry about the failure message. If you don't have the current latest BT box release software or don't have all the IPTV channels you have subscribed to then report it.

Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

My Manufacturer software is version 21.50.50 last updated on 13th October 2015.

Should I report the failure to BT? I fear that the technician will have me go through a potentially fruitless exercise of powering off and on when all I want to do is report a software fault. Everything else is functioning correctly and I'm reluctant to disturb matters unnecessarily.

0 Ratings
derek918
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If you haven't had any viewing/recording problems it would be wise not to phone BT's customer "support", prob make you delete everything! as Zulu17 says retail boxes have had an update and it will be coming to BT boxes sometime soonish so may as well wait for the actual update seeing as we are up to date with 21.50.50.