cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Software updates causing problems

Is it just me that has problems when the software automatically updates on the Youview+ box, requiring a manual reboot and then another soft-reset before any subscription channels become available again?

Apart from being irritating to have to intervene, when the box is sat waiting for a manual reboot it won't record any series links, so I miss those too.

Shouldn't software updates be 'silent'?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Software updates causing problems

Do you mean that you often find it in maintenance mode in the morning?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

It isn't usually in the morning. Tends to be ok in the morning and this happends during the day.

I often find the box is in maintenance mode / wanting a software reset at least once a week, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

The problem has been mentioned quite a few times on here. No real explanation given. It's happened to me about 3 times in as many months. I'm assuming it's a hardware fault, but have chose to live with it. Just only hope I doesn't happen the week I'm on holiday! If somebody could actually confirm its a hardware problem, I'll get shot of it..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Ah I see - thank you.

It's happened twice while I have been away..... Smiley Mad

I used to have virgin tivo and it was infinitely better in so many ways. I actually find that I am just using freesat and a usb hard drive through the tv now as it is much more reliable, but I can't record the subscription channels that way.

Anyone from BT care to suggest a solution?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 9

The UHD box has only needed reseting a few times in the 18 months i've had it apart from after the 'upgrades'.

My Sky box would never require a manual reboot after an update, I've had to 'reset keep recordings' or power cycle  the UHD box on the last two updates. I posted here about it.

At least they should fix all the issues before updating if we need to power cycle. I am using my 2009 Foxsat HDR for BBC, I can rely on that.

Given the terrible catch up services ( they have got worse) I worry about missing new shows on Discovery a bit. ( I lost a few recordings on the recent update)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 9

Hello @Zapp79

We would definitely like to understand what has gone wrong with your box as it should not be behaving as it is.

Ideally I would like to replace your box and have you return the old box so we can investigate any issue with it.

Please could you Private Message me with your home phone number or account number and I will be in touch.

Kind regards,

Martin.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

So, Martin--W, so this problem is definitely a hardware fault is it? Even if it only happens rarely?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 9

@Niko1

Not sure, but getting the old set top box back will help us understand what has happened.

Martin.

0 Ratings