Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jonn_C
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Some FreeView HD channels missing

in the last few weeks I seem to have lost some HD FreeView channels from tuning (BBC News, BBC 4 as examples) + some SD channels (E4+1, as one example I used to use a lot). They have been there for years, previously, and outside aerial is unchanged.

Can still get all of them quite happily upstairs, on a crappy aerial in the loft, so know it's not the transmiter or signal, unless there's been some subtle change.

Bought a signal booster & tested on both the BT YouView box & the TV & they're still both the same, with same channels missing.

Can someone suggest anything else to try?

Thx in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Some FreeView HD channels missing

Hi @Jonn_C

It could possibly be the signal via the lead connected to the STB has a problem.

Are you able to check the STB by taking it upstairs and connecting to the TV / aerial that's working. If the STB is OK there suggests its the downstairs lead.

Are you able to try that? And if that doesn't identify the issue, please PM meyour telephone number and I will investigate for you.

Thank you.

BT TV expertGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Jonn_C
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Gemma.

I'd kind of arrived at the same conclusion - I have some decent quality shielded co-ax cables due tomorrow to see if they make a difference.

I'll post the results tomorrow evening.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Jonn_C

Can you remember what the results were?
0 Ratings