cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catsybabe08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Sony Christmas Movies

they are trying to get it in the area pparently they are working on it their back office have been advised to get it up and running asap aparently i have dealt with back office before and the take bloody months so dont hold your breath for christmas they done away with sony movies in the new year and now i only have normal sony chanels sony is available on frieview but in some areas 

0 Ratings
Catsybabe08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

there is no chanel 50 on my tv guide 

0 Ratings
Swaddie-72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

We used to receive Sony Movies before they started messing about with their transmitters. Things like this highlight the disadvantages of using Aerial based systems compared to a satellite based system.

A pity BT cannot get Sony Christmas Movies added to their list of channels.

0 Ratings
Swaddie-72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Channel 50 appears in the TV magazine we use, but not on the the TV guide on the TV. We live in the East Midlands but cannot view the East Midlands news etc: as we have to use the Birmingham transmitter due to where we are situated.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 20

Just for info; Channels 50 - 56 are soon to be removed from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter as well, the frequencies they're currently using have been re-allocated to 5G

0 Ratings
Swaddie-72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Thanks V_Meldrew, it was the Sutton Coldfield transmitter we used to receive before being moved to the Birmingham Transmitter. Moving forward I think satellite systems may be my preferred TV system in the future.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 20

Do you know which Birmingham transmitter you're on? As far as I'm aware it should still be on channel 50 from Brierley Hill

0 Ratings
Swaddie-72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

It does not break it down by the actual transmitters it only shows West Midlands transmitter. Not sure if we could pick the Brierley Hill transmitter up.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 20

This isn't exactly thrilling stuff but I think it's the answer to your question. 

https://ukfree.tv/maps/700clearance

0 Ratings
Swaddie-72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Thanks, it is not easy reading but does show we are most likely to be receiving from the Birmingham Pritchett Tower transmitter. A pity that the Waltham transmitter is not in reach as this would allow us to view the East Midlands news and the Christmas Movies.