Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kurin360
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Sony Compatibility Issues-UHD STB

Go to solution

I thought id share my recent experiences with my new UHD box. I have a 2013 sony 4k tv and it turns out it is not compatible with streaming 4k content such as BT UHD and Netflix, so wasted my money as an early adoptor. So after help on the forums I decided to buy the latest Sony 4k TV (4mm thick and very nice I might add). Anyway I was keen to set it up and test out the BT UHD. It turns out i dont know if its 4k or not as the BT STB needs an update to transfer the resolution to the screen. My sky box works fine and shows the resolution. The freesat shows the resolution. SO, although the picture is good I'm not sure of the exact resolution I getting from the BT UHD STB. I bit disapointing as i would like to know if it really is 4k, because if its not I'll cancel. But i'm running out of time, really need the update MR BT!!

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony Compatibility Issues-UHD STB

Go to solution

I appreciate this is an old post but in case anybody finds it, please be aware there is a Sony update for their 4K TVs that resolves compatibility issues with BT's UHD YouView box:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/Juddering-issue-on-4K-TVs-with-UHD-STB-UPDA...

BT TV expertPaulSk
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Kurin360
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony Compatibility Issues-UHD STB

Go to solution

Thanks Paul...its all working now

0 Ratings