Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayK
Beginner
Message 1 of 50

Sound Dropouts on Internet TV

Hi

I’m a relatively new BT customer having been tempted away from Sky.

I have a BT Infinity 1 fibre broadband package with HomeHub 5 Router and YouView+ Box with Entertainment Plus channels i.e. Freeview & some Internet TV channels.

The YouView+ box is connected by a cat 5 Ethernet cable direct to the HomeHub 5 router.

The YouView+ box is connected to the Panasonic TV with an HDMI cable.

I’m using the TV speakers rather than surround sound.

I have a problem with very short, less than a second, sound dropouts which occur on average 2 or 3 times an hour on Alibi and Fox [internet TV] and oddly seem to occur between programmes and during adverts. During these dropouts the picture is rock steady with no evidence of break-up. The problem doesn’t occur on Freeview channels and doesn’t occur with streams such as Netflix. The problem may occur with other internet channels but I can’t say at the moment. There are no video / sound sync problems.

BT phone help has suggested a partial reset of the box which hasn’t helped and they’re now suggesting a full factory reset but couldn’t say for sure whether this would fix the problem or not. Because of the latter uncertainty, I’m reluctant to do this at the moment as I will lose a number of recordings I have already made.

Has anybody experienced similar problems? Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
49 REPLIES 49
Elviskelly
Contributor
Message 2 of 50

Re: Sound Dropouts on Internet TV

I get similar on Comedy Central. But it used to do the same on satellite so I've kinda ignored it. It's always in the second between ads starting... Or sometimes on the programme indents. Odd you're having same!
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 50

I have sound dropouts on H2, but not on any other channel (including HD ones).

It's quite bizarre. Have done a full reset of the box but it doesn't help - it still occurs on H2. Which makes me think it's a BT TV Connect network issue on this one channel only from my exchange.

0 Ratings
xbpod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 50

I have the same on BT sport but mine lasts for about 10 to 15 seconds, and can be so frequent it makes some sport unwatchable.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 50

Same here but only during the ads on ID last night.

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 50

I had the same on Gold the other night..

0 Ratings
ledgie
Contributor
Message 7 of 50

I noticed them during adverts on Ntional Geo Wild last night.

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 8 of 50

I get the same on Comedy Central.
0 Ratings
ledgie
Contributor
Message 9 of 50

At least I know that it is more than likely not an issue with my equipment if others are hearing the issue too.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 50

Have people tried changing HDMI Audio format from Surround to Stereo? Could be the TV momentarily getting confused and switching audio formats? This was an issue with BBC4 HD some months back.
0 Ratings