Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicolasS
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Sound breaking up on DTR-4000

Go to solution

Hi,

I've had this problem for a few weeks now, where the sound starts to break up.  It happens on both Freeview and the paid channels from BT and Now TV.  I've swapped the leads over and the problem stops for a few hours then returns.  I've just signed up for multi-room and after receiving the new box i tried that and the problem has gone.  The box with the issue is 4 yrs old, so i thinks its on it way out.

I've tried chat, who directed me to call 150 but the lines are very busy.  Could a mod help? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sound breaking up on DTR-4000

Go to solution

Hi @NicolasS, welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with the sound on your BT TV box, have you tried a factory reset yet? If not I'd recommend you give that a try, make sure to choose the option to keep your recordings.

0 Ratings
NicolasS
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, thank you for responding. I can confirm I have done that, albeit it was for a separate reason. The problem returned with a few hours.

Regards

Nick

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @NicolasS thanks for confirming that, the DTR-4000 box can only be replaced after it has been checked by one of our technicians. If you give the helpdesk a call on 0800 111 4567 they'll be able to organise a visit for you. 

NicolasS
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO many thanks for your time, I will give them a call.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@NicolasS no worries, post back and let me know how you get on.