Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Sound breakup and loss on internet channels only

Go to solution

Hi, I have the same problem where the sound intermittently breaks up during adverts on IPTV channels only, particularly Sky HD Sport 1 when I watch football. There are no other problems.  Does anybody know whether this is a known issue being looked at by BT or should I treat it as specific to my connection.

My broadband link is infinity 2(60Mbps), with an Open Reach modem connected to a HH 5(Type A). The Youview box(G model) connects to the TV and HH5 using standard ethernet cable.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

There is an existing thread that includes posts by BT TV reps at

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Sound-Dropouts-on-Internet-TV/m-p/1530141#M23241

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

A thread which hasn't had anything added to since September. Some further investigation is obviously required and remedial action after that's concluded. Advertisers wont be happy to see their content isn't being received as expected.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

That is an open thread and refers to a fix being provided in a future planned release H22.6.0 

0 Ratings
stjnykz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

I see this is marked as solved but I fail to see how something seemingly requiring a firmware update (which doesn't appear to have happened yet - certinaly not for all users) is technically 'solved' by the fact it can be temporarily 'fixed' by pausing or rewinding briefly, the sound drop-outs always return when the channel is switched back to an affected one.

0 Ratings
Duke1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution
Hi I have the same problem during commercial breaks when the sound break up is dreadful. I've tried resetting everything but it still happens. So will have to wait for the fix then.
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Once again, just press pause for a second or two then play!!! This is the workaround till the new build appears.

0 Ratings