cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: Sound cutting out on BT TV

Hi @Bradders87  thanks for getting back to me via PM and sorry the new box did not resolve the fault. 

Would you carry out some further tests for me? Press pause for a second or two and then press play and see if this fixes the fault when the play is resumed.
Have you noticed that if you have recorded a program if the sound drop outs happen on the recorded version as well.
Does the issue occur on the Freeview HD channels?

Post back and let me know.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bradders87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 30

Hi JohnC2 I tried the pausing technique and that didn't work, but the fault is intermittent and BT sport seems to be working at the moment..... So I can't try the record yet. I will do when it starts skipping..

• The issue is also on free view HD via the BT box, but when I watch on my TV free view it works fine.... Very confusing 
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

Hi @Bradders87,

@JohnC2 is out of the office at the moment and has asked me to follow up with you today.

Did you get a chance to test the TV service over the weekend? If you were experiencing the sound breakup did this carry over when the program was recorded?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bradders87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 30

Hi Paddy

Currently watching football on BT sport 2.... Same issue, sound cutting out, done the pause and play technique, same again, just recorded it for 5 mins, played it back and the recording also has the sound cutting out.... Becoming quite frustrating now.... 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 30

Watching that game on chase-play on BTS2 with no sound problems (apart from one glitch during the first half which I think was at the broadcast end) which suggests it is a specific problem with your box and / or connection.
0 Ratings
Bradders87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 30

Hi Gomezz, 

I have 40mbs Internet speed and a wired connection to a new box received a few weeks back......

The sound was cutting out for 15 mins then was fine for 5 mins, then same again intermittently

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 30

Just watched football on BT Sport 2 HD and the sound was terrible, breaking up all the time. I've discounted the idea that it may be a connection speed problem as I'm on 100Mbps.

I also tried 1HD and 3HD and they were both OK.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

Hi @Bradders87,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry you're still experiencing a sound break up through your BT TV box.

As the problem is also affecting the freeview HD channel and hasn't been cured by a new BT TV box, it would be worth trying a different HDMI cable and HDMI port on your TV to see if that makes any difference?

Thanks

PaddyB

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 30

Hi @PaddyB .

I think it unlikely to be anything to do with @Bradders87 TV or HDMI cable.

I've had the same problem over the past two nights first on Tuesday evening with BT Sport 2 and last night with BT Sport 3, everything was fine before this week. Added to that there are others on this forum complaining of the same thing.

I'm on a 100Mbps connection so I should have all the bandwidth necessary

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

Hi @V_Meldrew,

Do you get the same problem when watching the FreeView HD?

The problem @Bradders87 has seemed to affect FreeView HD as well, which doesn't rely on the Broadband. A replacement box was sent and the problem has remained the same. I think its worthwhile ruling out the HDMI cable and port while the TV Team investigates.

Thanks

PaddyB

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings