cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pigbun
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Sound cutting out on W channel on youview box

Hi i’ve recently had a problem with the sound cutting out on the W channel from my BT youview box. It has been getting worse. Ive tried changing the settings and hdmi cables and ports but to no avail. The box is a couple of years old and I’m still in a BY Tv contract.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sound cutting out on W channel on youview box

I have the same problem occasionally with Alibi but I found that hitting channel up (or down) and then going back to Alibi resolves it, it happens so infrequently that I can live with it

0 Ratings
Pigbun
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thank you. Unfortunately I’ve tried everything. It’s becoming so bad it’s almost impossible to watch now.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Is it just that one channel

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Pigbun  is yours the recordable Youview box , ? 

If so you could see what happens if when experiencing the problem when watching live you press the R record button and record the channel - does the recorded stream when played back exhibit the same problem ?

0 Ratings
Pigbun
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Yes it appears to just be the one channel. Although tonight checking it now there isn’t a problem. Thinking of the times it’s happening I am usually recording the program too. I wonder if there is a conflict in some way. The recording also has the sound cutting out.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Might be worth trying to record and watch other channels simultaneously, if the fault persists under the same conditions on other channels then it seems likely that your box is faulty

0 Ratings
Pigbun
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I’ll give it a try tonight and see what happens. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Pigbun
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Tried recording last night and the problem was almost non existent. It’s making me wonder if it’s just the program I’m trying to watch. ☹️

Masterchef Australia on W. I’ll try again tomorrow.

its just weird.

0 Ratings