cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Sound drop out

Also just to let everyone know. We have a new Cello 55 inch tv, 2 months old. So we got the new tv at the same time as getting BT broadband and tv.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

@SMW 

The question is, has changing the resolution helped?

Are you sure you were originally on 1080p and not 1080i, as its 1080p which normally causes issues?

Is the TV capable of full HD?

Within the TV itself, the interlaced (i) is converted to progressive anyway, as that is how flat screen displays are driven.

The old CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) TV sets built the picture up over two frames, as that is all the scan coils were capable of. Modern flat screen TV sets do not have that limitation.

In practice, you would be hard pressed to see the difference between 1080p and 1080i, except perhaps on very fast motion, even then you would have difficulty noticing it.

0 Ratings
SMW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Nope didn’t help. We’re watching live ITV 1 now and the sound is still dropping out. We were on i changed to p but made no difference. Will change back to i. Let’s hope the engineer has some ideas but I spoke to him on the phone and he doesn’t appear to. It’s a Qube engineer but he came 2 weeks ago and didn’t resolve.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

Thanks for trying.

If everything else has been tried, then that just points to a possible issue with the TV, especially as it only affects the sound.

Have you tried it on a different TV, at any point?

0 Ratings