cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsTiggywinkle
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Sound dropout on BT TV channels

After a long battle re broadband speeds, concentrating on brief sound dropouts on BT TV channels'really noticeable on BT Sport. BT have tried everything-new data cable, router,mini plugs and Youview box. Problem referred "up the line" but no solution. BT are blaming possible house wiring problems but modern bungalow and wiring and no other problems in house with wiring. Any advice, anyone? Testing wiring very expensive and not convinced on yet another BT "excuse".

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sound dropout on BT TV channels

You are not alone with this problem. There have been other posts covering this issue and I have it too. There is a work around but not a permanent resolution to date. The work around is to pause the live program for just a couple of seconds and then press play on the remote thus using playback.

The fault may well be linked to the total loss of sound issue after using FF on playback of recordings some are still having issues with but BT have yet to confirm that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MrsTiggywinkle
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Cooperman. Annoying thing is that this problem, for me, is several months old with no solution on the horizon. Also, one would think that the senior technical  people, responding to my complaint, would be aware of the problem and respond properly, rather than suggesting a possible electrical problem which could have been expensive to test, plus replacement of  BT equipment which probably wasn't faulty.

Annoying but difficult to take business elsewhere.

0 Ratings
NextGenG
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

You have tried a different HD
MI cable and different sockets on your TV though?
0 Ratings
MrsTiggywinkle
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks. Have already tried both to no effect.

0 Ratings
MrsTiggywinkle
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Good Morning Cooperman.

Tried your suggestion during yesterday's various rugby matches and it seems to work. Just have to remember to do it each time I change channels.

Juat need a permanent fix now.

BT could have saved themselves a lot of time and trouble had they acknowledged the problem and made a similar suggestion to yours.

0 Ratings