cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 63

Re: Sound echo issue on AMC Channel

Sorry @Stew37

I thought you were having this problem watching the AMC HD channel on BT TV, apologies for the mix up.

You need to raise this directly with Sky if it's only happening on the digital platform.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 12 of 63

@RobbieMac-  I have the same problem here.

It is NOT a Sky issue  -  they say you have to contact the channel as the channel is NOT a part of the Sky service.

The fault is with the transmission from BT to Sky - not a reception problem with Sky.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
markthg
Beginner
Message 13 of 63

Glad I’m not the only one dancing this dance.
Added BT to my sky package on Wednesday, been having issues with AMC HD sound ever since, BT say only Sky can sort, Sky, though they tried said there is nothing wrong their end and that only BT can fix it. Glad I’m wasting £30 a month on this.....
ozsat
Expert
Message 14 of 63

I've tried both Sky and BT to fix this fault.

Sky are helpful but say that they can not help as the channels is operated by BT and you have to call them. They say the the sound issue is how their system is receiving the channel but they will report the issue.

BT say the channel called "AMC from BT" for which I pay BT an extra subscription for - is nothing to do with them as it is on Sky.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
Macey6
Message 15 of 63

RobbieMac advises me to contact Sky directly, so I do. Like Ozsat, Sky tell me it’s not their channel and that I need to contact the broadcaster which is BT. No other channels on my Sky box are affected including other BT channels so it makes sense that it is an issue with the Broadcast of AMC HD. This seems to have been an issue in the past if you read older posts on the forum, and I assume it must have been fixed then as the posts stopped. Somebody from BT just needs to take responsibility, step up to the plate and fix this! Also if BT genuinely believe it to be a Sky issue it should be BT chasing them not all of us, as they should be annoyed that Sky aren’t delivering their channel properly and making BT look bad!
markthg
Beginner
Message 16 of 63

I only want to watch FTWD o Dad missed first episode probably gonna miss second too.

Can’t even watch on Sky a app or by app as it’s not permitted.
Someone at BT sort it please!
0 Ratings
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 17 of 63

Same issue here. Went to watch a recording of The Terror and it sounds like they're talking underwater. SD is fine but defeats the object of having a HD subscription. It looks like BT and Sky are blaming each other so it doesn't look like a fix will be quick in coming.
0 Ratings
Stew37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 63

Update - looks like my issues been resolved. Working normally today.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 19 of 63

Mine also at the moment. I'll monitor it to see if it's a permanent fix.
0 Ratings
Macey6
Message 20 of 63

Mine also now seems to be working normally, getting Dolby Digital through the receiver and the sound is good. We shall see if it continues to do so!
0 Ratings