cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barneys
Contributor
Message 1 of 94

Sound loss after fast forward

I have recently started experiencing loss of sound after fast forwarding through recorded programs using the x2 x6 Etc function. When this happens the sound is also lost on live television. I am unable to restore sound by switching the box into standby using the remote. The only way I have been able to remedy this is to do a complete power down/up cycle and reboot the box. Has anyone any had this problem and know of a solution please?

0 Ratings
93 REPLIES
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 94

Re: Sound loss after fast forward

I have reported this on here several times but without acknowledgement. It is one of the fingers in my ears, can't hear you "La, la, la, ..." bugs. Smiley Sad
0 Ratings
Highlighted
barneys
Contributor
Message 3 of 94

Thanks Gomezz. Looks like we're stuck with it then! Strange it's only just started doing it on my box this week. 

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 94

My box did it once to me but came back after I stopped it and played again. This was a couple of months ago since then I discovered that the skip forward button moves it forward 1 minute a press and as most ad breaks are bang on the minute, 3 or 4 clicks and it lands perfectly at the end of the break. If I over shoot it the skip back button goes back 15 seconds a press. I only use that now as it's much quicker anyway. 

0 Ratings
Frankrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 94

I have recently experienced this after fast forwarding through an ad break when watching rugby highlights. The sound on the you view box just goes on any channel including free view and players and the only way to restore it seems to be switching it off then on again which is a pain. Strangely, I didn't get the problem when watching a MotoGP highlight program and fast forwarding through the ad breaks. Only the bt box is affected and is yet another issue with the whole bt TV 'experience'. It really isn't good enough! I will be phoning this in but will probably get the same unhelpful service as previously experienced.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 94

I use the skip buttons ( the other arrows) and I don't have any problems although I think I did see the audio drop out once to my Amplifier, however I've never had to power cycle the box to get it back.

I do very occaisionally get a problem on stereo programmes where the narration/ dialoge comes out of all the speakers on my amp. I've reported it here but no one even answered.

0 Ratings
barneys
Contributor
Message 7 of 94

Thanks for your comments guys. I'll try the skip buttons rather than fast forward/reverse and see if the same problem occurs. Out of interest, which phone number do you call to log problems? 

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 94

@barneys wrote:

Thanks for your comments guys. I'll try the skip buttons rather than fast forward/reverse and see if the same problem occurs. Out of interest, which phone number do you call to log problems? 

I don't think there is one for things like this, all BT support seem to be able to do it tell you to reset, send a new box  and/or engineer to check cables etc

What audio connection are you using, HDMI or SPDIF btw?

0 Ratings
Frankrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 94

When I went through the diagnostics process on the website it eventually said that I will need to talk to someone on 08001114567. I called this am and I left it with them that they check to see if any recent update may be a cause. Looking at other comments it may not be just bt linked boxes affected. I had an engineer visit a few months ago because I had been having picture break up and also loss of channels i.e. Black screen on the bt side of things and he mentioned that the you view SW update had caused many issues. Trouble is they are hard to diagnose and I do not have time to tweak and check each time something is done. I just want a reliable service. I also asked that they check the line and the quality of the broadband connection again because I have picture breakup again. I was asked previously if I wanted to trial the super fast broadband but didn't respond because they can't get my current service right! Regarding connections, the sound to my amp is via hdmi and it hasn't previously been a problem. The power off and on on the bt box brings the sound back. Going through settings on the box has no effect. I will try the skip buttons as suggested by others.

0 Ratings
barneys
Contributor
Message 10 of 94

HDMI into a Sony HT-XT3 Soundbase

0 Ratings