Message 111 of 131

Re: Sound loss after fast forward

Thanks for feedback Gavin.

0 Ratings
merc07
Contributor
Message 112 of 131

Can you add me to the list of unhappy users. I am a new customer with the standard HD Youview box and can't use the fastforward button without loosing the sound.
It took BT 4 weeks to get my channels working in the first place, infact it was only down to the mods on here that I now have all the channels I originally paid for - but now I am hit with another problem.
Does the 4k box have the same sound loss issue or just the HD version? - if not then they can have this one back !
0 Ratings
seniorcitizen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 113 of 131

Hi Gavin,

Excellent news that you've now been able to replicate the FF sound loss problem so hopefully a fix will not be too far off.

Re your last message that you are continuing to investigate the other audio related issues in parallel on the assumption there will be different root causes, could you please confirm that these issues include the "Skip button" problem that I and others have mentioned, whereby instead of the recorded programme going forward 60 seconds it actually goes backwards to a random earlier point. 

Can I also ask a question that I am sure must be related to the FF sound loss problem which puzzles me as a novice in these matters. It is my understanding that all recorded programmes, whether Freeview or Subscription Channels recorded from the internet, are stored on the hard drive on the YouView box. However, whereas Freeview recorded programmes do not require the YouView box to be connected to the internet to watch them, those recorded from the internet do require the internet connection to be in place before they can be watched. Why is that and what information has to be accessed from the internet before such recordings can be watched. Is the way that the two sets of recordings are stored on the hard drive fundamentally different?. Which of these “differences” is causing the loss of sound problems with internet recordings but not Freeview recordings.?. Grateful if you or one of the other "recognised experts" could enlighten me.

0 Ratings
merc07
Contributor
Message 114 of 131

Didn't see the post saying you have replicated the fault, hopefully will lead to a cure. soon Smiley Wink
Just to add, I have also noticed that flicking through channels can sometimes loose sound as well.

As well as acomplete power down, another way to get it back is to goto settings, change the display to a different resolution, then change it back again and save.
Hope that helps you figure thngs out...
0 Ratings
C_Chadders
Beginner
Message 115 of 131

Its obviously very good news that this problem (FF sound loss) has been replicated by BT, but considering this thread started in September 2017 and there are others that predate it by several months, its baffling to me that it has taken BT at least 18 months to replicate a fundamental issue which occurs with 100% regularity for customers... it really takes no special effort at all!  I therefore suspect this is the first time an attempt has actually been made, which on one hand confirms my suspicion that until now the issue has been broadly brushed aside, but on the other, more positively, surely it will be solved now that it is actually being dealt with. All I need to know now when the solution is found is if this is to be solved by a downloadable software update or a new box. Please keep us posted, thanks. 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 116 of 131

@merc07wrote:
another way to get it back is to goto settings, change the display to a different resolution, then change it back again and save.

Interesting, will have to give that a go.  But it does suggest that it something to do with HDMI synching although why that would affect optical audio out and analogue audio out too is curious.  I thought I had been reforcing an HDMI synch by changing input on my TV away from and back to the Youview box but perhaps not?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 117 of 131

Just tried that and it didn't work for me with my T2100.
0 Ratings
merc07
Contributor
Message 118 of 131

The fix only works when my sound goes after channel hopping - it has no effect after the fast forward issue.
I have just swapped my main tv to a 4k samsung along with the hdmi cable from the old pioneer plasma 720p.
I still have the exact same problem, both channel hopping and fast forward cause loss of sound. And the same fix - resolution swap or complete reboot.
This proves it can only be the BT TV box at fault.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 119 of 131

Hi all,

Just to let you know, we are now testing a fix for loss of audio after fast forward.

If the fix proves successful, we will look to roll it out asap.

We will keep you updated.

Thanks

Gavin

BT TV ExpertGavinL
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
seniorcitizen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 120 of 131

Hi Gavin,

That sounds very encouraging, let's hope your successful.

If you've got time, would you be able to respond to the 2 questions I asked in my post of 10-01-2019, Message 113.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings