Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justracing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 131 of 154

Re: Sound loss after fast forward

@gavinlambournewrote:

Hi @seniorcitizen, we've tested the fix (including fast forward and rewind) and it looks good. 

Will let you know when it's scheduled for release.

Thanks

Gavin

Good news at last. I was sent a replacement youview box which suffers from the same problem so I've swapped back again. I must confess that after several weeks practice now I have almost got used to the idea of using the skip button as opposed to the FF function.

When the fix is released will it be done electronically?

0 Ratings
seniorcitizen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 132 of 154

Hi Gavin, I refer to our previous exchange of correspondence culminating in your post of 05-02-2019. Just to let you know that I suffered another total loss of sound the other night whilst watching a live BT Sports broadcast, as a result of pausing the live broadcast for about 10 minutes before resuming play. I don't think this has been specifically mentioned before in this forum. Do you think that this issue will also be covered by your new fix?. Are you able to give us an update on when the new fix will be released?. Many thanks and regards.
0 Ratings
andydenyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 133 of 154

Has the fix been released yet?  Only, I've just experienced the same problem again this morning whereby I lost all sound (including on live channels) after using Fast Forward during playback of a recording.  The only way to resolve the problem was to do a reset on the box (basically, unplugging and re-plugging it back in).  Most inconvenient!

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 134 of 154

A fix is shortly coming and has recently passed internal testing.

At the moment we are rolling out 32.23.0, the fix you are looking for is included in 32.25.0 and is our next release candidate. (To check your software version, press the Youview/Home button on your remote, select Settings, Software Information)

We don't have a release date yet, it won't be long but once it starts we will update the Forum.

I know it has been a long time waiting for customers on this thread, appreciate the patience.

Thanks.

seniorcitizen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 135 of 154

Hi Gavin,

Many thanks for the update - extremely pleased to hear that the sound loss fix is almost here. However, I am puzzeld by your advice that the software update number will be 32.25.0 and that you are currently rolling out 32.23.0. I checked my current software version under Youview/Settings/Software Information as you suggested and this shows Component Software as 3.5.132 and Manufacturer Software as 31.69.0, both updated on15th May. How do these tie in with the software numbers you quoted?.   

Regards

0 Ratings
Malmesbury
Beginner
Message 136 of 154

As another user who experiences this problem, both in recordings and after pausing live TV, I'm interested to know if you are any closer to releasing a fix, now we're in July? It's an intensely frustrating and annoying fault.

0 Ratings
Frankrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 137 of 154

Well, having done an appraisal of what I watch on BT TV and the fact that the streaming is so unreliable so if I try to record any BT channels they often appear partially recorded, I have ditched it. They were going to put the price of my package up by £4 per month which meant that without any form of discount it could cost £300 per year and for what?  Issues like FF that take ages to sort and still hasn’t been implemented, channels that mainly show repeats, second rate sport with the exception of rugby, moto gp and maybe cycling/hockey if you are interested in them etc.  Just added to the frustration. Plus the fact that they insist on increasing prices during a contract which even their competitors have recognised hacks customers off. So no more.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 138 of 154

"now we're in July"

Now we are in 2019 would be more apposite.  This has been going on for years now!

0 Ratings
seniorcitizen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 139 of 154

This message is directed towards GavinL and DarrenW, the 2 BT TV experts who raised our hopes that the fix of this sound loss problem is imminent, but who now seem to have disappeared from the scene.  The last communication from them was from DarrenW on 29.04.2019 when he advised the actual proposed fix release number (32.25.0) which he said was the next release candidate. On 15.05.2019 I posted a message querying the validity of this release number but have not received a response. It makes we wonder whether the BT TV experts regularly review the content of these forum messages, particularly those which they have responded to in recent months and which they know BT customers are urgently awaiting for some action, or whether it is all a bit hit and miss. If any BT TV expert  spots this particular message, could they please pass on to either GavinL or DarrenW and ask them to post an update on what is happening with this fix release.

Many thanks,

senior citizen

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 140 of 154

Hi all,

I will look into this and come back shortly.

Thanks

Gavin

0 Ratings