cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malmesbury
Beginner
Message 141 of 148

Re: Sound loss after fast forward

As of yesterday I now get a sharp 'beep' sound every time I skip backwards or forwards, or pause or start playing again. Also (while experimenting) when pressing the AD or Subtitles buttons. This happens with both broadcast aerial and internet channels.

0 Ratings
Malmesbury
Beginner
Message 142 of 148

Ok, silly me, while trying to solve this audio loss problem, I had inadvertently turned on audio feedback in settings! So, no more beeps now.

0 Ratings
justracing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 143 of 148

Pretty much coming to the same conclusion myself. I too often have failed or partial recordings along with missed series recordings which I have preset. Nothing more annoying than missing a part of a series that you're following. Along with the continuing saga of the FF/sound loss, the system is unfit for purpose in my view.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 144 of 148

Hi all,

The sound loss after fast forward fix is due to rollout early August.

I will post on here when the build is available, at which point if you perform a manual software update check you will be guaranteed to get the fix at the earliest opportunity.

Apologies for the time it has taken for this fix to become available.

Thanks

Gavin

BT TV expertGavinL
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 145 of 148

While looking for bugs in that bit of code did they find the one that causes skip on active internet recordings to jump to some point randomly in the past?
0 Ratings
seniorcitizen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 146 of 148

Hi Gavin,

Many thanks for your very speedy response. Very much looking forward to being able to finally fix this very annoying problem.

Regards,

senior citizen

0 Ratings
newbluesfan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 147 of 148

............. just in case this August rollout doesn't fix the FF problem entirely, don’t forget that the 4k box doesnt have this problem........

.............. it does have other issues, but not the FF sound issues 🙂 

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 148 of 148

Hi all,

Just to give you an update.

The fix was previously due to rollout early August, however,  the rollout was suspended to allow time to investigate some unrelated technical issues with the build.

The next rollout should commence in the middle of September.

As before, I'll let you know the date on which  you can perform a manual software update to ensure you pick up the build as early as possible in the rollout.

Once again, apologies for the continued delay in rolling out this fix and the inconvenience it's causing.

Thanks

Gavin

BT TV expertGavinL
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings