cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frankrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 93

Re: Sound loss after fast forward

OK. I have now watched the rugby highlights with no picture breakup and no FF issues. Then deleted the rugby programme and began watching the Indycar. FF through the first 10 mins or so pressed play and NO SOUND! As previously reported, there was no sound on any channel and all attempts to stop, play, go to standby would not bring it back. Powered off and once the reboot was complete and the box was in standby resumed watching Indycar and the sound was back. Watched most of it by skipping 60 sec and sound remained. In one instance, I mistakenly FF but then skipped again and sound remained. Towards the end of the recording, I repeated this and again no sound issue. I then FF pressed play and sound remained. When the programme was stopped, there was sound on the programme the box was tuned to, which is normal expected behaviour. It looks to me that there is a subtle s/w issue triggered by FF on an Internet channel ( or possibly also RW but not tested) that a power off and on will fix.

Of course, the permutations are large but it needs fixing!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 93

So one possible way to get sound back is to try FF (or possibly REW) again? Would be quicker than waiting for the box to reboot which is also inconvenient if it is currently recording something.

I suspect the new FF/REW code for internet channels is accidently overwriting the part of memory used to hold the audio set up details.

0 Ratings
Frankrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 93

I actually tried this but once the sound goes, that is it. Only the reboot works. It is the unpredictability that is frustrating as at is not certain that it will occur like many intermittent problems!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 93

@Frankrh wrote:

I repeated this and again no sound issue

Ah! I mis-read the way you meant this as no "sound issue" rather than "no sound" issueSmiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 25 of 93

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your continued patience while we investigate this issue.

To aid our investigation we have quite a lengthy list of questions that we would appreciate it if you could answer.  I have dropped you all a private message with the list, so if you wouldn't mind could you please respond at your earliest convenience Smiley Wink

As one of the questions is asking for personal details I thought it best to do it over private message as opposed to on the thread.

Cheers

Sean 

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 93

Done.
0 Ratings
barneys
Contributor
Message 27 of 93

Also Done

0 Ratings
Frankrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 93

Questions answered.

0 Ratings
Jes59
Beginner
Message 29 of 93

I too get the sound loss problem.

fasr forward during recording of had rugby and start normal speed and there is no sound. Have to turn off box and on again to get sound working again.

help appreciated!

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 30 of 93

Hi @Jes59,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.  I am very sorry to hear that you too, are experiencing the loss of sound issue.

I have dropped you a private message with a number of questions.  If you wouldn't mind, please drop me a reply with the answer and I will include this in our ongoing investigation.

Cheers

Sean 

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings