cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 93

Re: Sound loss after fast forward

I have had a new Hub 6 and a new Youview box in the last month or so and the problem still exists so it hasn’t been fixed yet.

0 Ratings
Frankrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 93

As the box is manufactured by Humax, surely a collaboration between them and BT should be able to solve the problem. Why should it take so long to get to the bottom of it?  It doesn’t do much for BT’s reputation as a TV provider so I would urge them to get it fixed!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 53 of 93

The problem is clearly located in the code where it now tries to do the same for internet channels as it does for DTT channels - remembering that FF/REW of internet channels is a new feature. As it appears to be some kind of memory corruption then I would suspect a buffer size mismatch being used between the two types of channel. But only being able to analyse the bug from looking at it as a black box without access to the code I can't take it any further.

0 Ratings
affinite
Beginner
Message 54 of 93

For the record BT I too have this problem.

I assume that no one has found a solution other than "use skip" ?

0 Ratings
barneys
Contributor
Message 55 of 93

Hi affinity,

I haven't seen any other solution put forward. There hasn’t been any official fix suggested by BT either despite the usual assurance that the problem has been noted and passed to our technical team.....this was many weeks ago.

0 Ratings
Frankrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 93

I wonder if BT monitors these forums because if they do,  why does it take so long to get a problem fixed with the box manufacturer, in my case Humax.  They are quick to increase prices during a customer's contract instead of at the end but painfully slow to deal with issues that affect their customers enjoyment when using their products.   Very poor customer service BT.  Please up your game! 

0 Ratings
AlanST
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 93

I have been experiencing this problem for a while now and it is getting much worse. If you fast forward or rewind on an internet channel then the sound goes for all programmes viewed through the BT box, not just the internet ones. The suggested work around of using the skip key does work most times but not all. The only solution when the sound goes is to turn the box off to re-set it and then back on again. This is not accepteble as if you are recording something then that recording fails.

As BT paying customers we should not have to go through all this and BT need to get a move on and get a fix in place very soon. I will give them a bit longer then its off to Virgin with TV phone and Broadband. Friends who have Virgin have virtually no problems. 

0 Ratings
barneys
Contributor
Message 58 of 93

I agree AlanST, it has gone on far too long. My contract ends this month for both Broadband and BTTV. I will be looking to switch to Virgin media too.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 59 of 93

Good Afternoon all,

This issue is still under investigation. We have escalated and resolving this is a top priority.

In some instances replacing the set top box with an alternative model has resolved the problem.

Those of you experiencing the problem, if you want to drop me a private message with your details and I can speak to you on an individual basis to try find a solution to the problem.

Thank you.

BT TV ExpertGemma_P
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 60 of 93

Surely should be looking hard at the code where fast forward on internet recordings was first introduced, comparatively recently?

At a guess a memory buffer overflow issue that is corrupting where the audio settings are held.
0 Ratings