Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bb99456
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Sound problem connecting my BT Box to Sony TV

Go to solution

I have my BT YouView+ Box connected by an HMDI cable to my new Sony KD-49XE9005 TV which works (sound and vision) but occasionally the BT box 'locks up' and the only way to sort out the problem is to turn off the BT box and let it power up again. In desparation I bought a SCART to HDMI convertor which works fine and doesn’t cause the BT Box to jam but only provides vision- i.e.- no sound. Have anyone any suggestions how best to make my BT Box work with my TV?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sound problem connecting my BT Box to Sony TV

Go to solution

How long have you had the BT Youview box? Was it working with previous TV? What model is it?

I have that same TV and the DTR 2100 Youview box and no problems. Sounds more like a Youview box problem than the TV, try a factory reset of the box.

0 Ratings
bb99456
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Cooperman for such a qucik response, I'm very new to the forum so please bear with me if I get anything wrong.

I've had my box at least 5 years, it's a Humax DTRT1000, Variant 80B08500.

Yes the box worked fine with my old (Sony) TV but this was using a Scart to Scart connection.

I'll try a factory reset (now I've found out how to do it without loosing my recordings) later on and report the results (this may take a few days as the fault only happened occasionally)

Thanks again

0 Ratings
bb99456
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi again Cooperman,

I've tried the hard reset you suggested but unfortuntely that didn't resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
If you haven’t already done so then the next step is to reboot the TV. Hold the green power button on the remote down for about 5 seconds until the TV powers off, it will reboot on its own. You could also try the other HDMI connections on the TV and ensure you have an up to date HDMI cable. If you have other devices connected to the TV that work swap the connections over to see if they are working on all the HDM ports. If other equipment is working OK then the problem is either the HDMI cable or the Youview box. Have you synced the TV and Youview remotes, if not check that the Youview remote is working, there are instructions in the Youview manual on how to set the remote to operate the TV too.
bb99456
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
cooperman,
many thanks for all of your help. It looks as though the hard reset of the BT box finally sorted the problem but being an intermittent problem it's only now that I've been able to confirm this. Thanks again.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@cooperman wrote:
If you haven’t already done so then the next step is to reboot the TV. Hold the green power button on the remote down for about 5 seconds until the TV powers off, it will reboot on its own. You could also try the other HDMI connections on the TV and ensure you have an up to date HDMI cable. If you have other devices connected to the TV that work swap the connections over to see if they are working on all the HDM ports. If other equipment is working OK then the problem is either the HDMI cable or the Youview box. Have you synced the TV and Youview remotes, if not check that the Youview remote is working, there are instructions in the Youview manual on how to set the remote to operate the TV too.

Nice one @cooperman Smiley Happy

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings