cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Speed test

Couple of times I did a Speedtest from my phone to my broadband on my now BT app a few times I did my speed test to my to my hub and a couple times has been in the red and not in the green so I gift connect some ethernets out of my hub still made no difference I did another speed test and it was still in the red and not in the green so my last option was to take the Ethernet out of my 2BT ethernet from my hub and I did a speed test this time it went in the green with a speed of 43 3mb so the problem is my BT boxes into the Ethernet I plugged in the Ethernet from my BT boxes to the hub and it went red again and one of the devices is affecting my hub so I tried it again on an ordinary Freeview channel and it was green with a speed of 43 MB fifth was on the channel on Freeview but I did try again on a subscription channel and it's been in the red all the times so it's to do with my subscription channels can anyone help

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Speed test

Don't forget that running a speed test while on a subscription channel, or on any app, will lower the broadband speed simply because you're using the internet to stream the channels.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 3

Re: Speed test

Hi @ken2222 Thanks for posting, that's normal.

If you're watching a subscription channel on your BT TV box and running a speed test on another device simultaneously, the speed test will be affected as the TV service is being delivered via your broadband connection and will be using up a portion of your available bandwidth. 

If you need to carry out a speed test it's recommended that you only have one device connected to your Hub and that your BT TV box is not streaming a subscription channel.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings