Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quinnster77
Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Still not able to upgrade to Essentials Extra

Go to solution

After a week of hours of support calls, promises of call backs, complaints on twitter still no further forward adding the internet channels to my package. The actual channels appeared on my Youview no problem on 1st. Can i watch them, nope! The support team even told me today i need a BT Vision+ box as the channels don't exist for Youview. Quite frustrated as i decided when i moved 3 months ago to go with BT for all services & have a break from Sky. 

I think the main issue stems from the system thinking i can't get Infinity which was a previous saga as Openreach had my house incorrectly marked as only having ADSL available. That issue got fixed about 4 weeks ago but since then the database has reverted back to saying ADSL only. Well i have infinity & its working great. Just hope they can sort these new channels out.

Anyone else still struggling with getting them added?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Bobbobadobob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 25

Re: Still not able to upgrade to Essentials Extra

Go to solution
I wasn't able to do it on the website the other day. It only offered me tv unlimited for 12.50.

Today the website offered me tv unlimited extra for 15.00 which is correct.

However it said it reset the minimum contract date for 12 month for today. I didn't really want this so called up. Turns out when I activated bt sport last week I'd already agreed to 12 month extra anyway!! Doh didn't read that small print so sod it I've accepted the lot. That was about an hour ago. I've rebooted my youview box but no channels yet. As usual they said it could take until midnight though.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution
Go to the setting and use the resynch button and reset registration buttons
0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

Where are those settings on a YouView box?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Stuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution
I had similar problems. I have had my you view box since they came out from bt last September I think it was and I have the TV unlimited package at £12.50 per month. When I tried to upgrade on line it tried to add the £49 installation fee again. I then spent 2 hours and 9 minutes on the phone to them getting passed around as usual because none of them could manage to place the order. I sent an email complaint. The next day they called me back and sorted it all out. It turns out that the ordering system is wrong and it will charge £49 even though you have already paid it once there is no way around it but they will refund it straight away so you don't have to pay extra. It gets better. They said that they will have to send me a new you view box anyway because the system says that mine won't work with the new channels. I explained that I get the new sport channels in hd and I can stream the hd on demand films. He said that it won't work. He said that it also will not work with the power line adapters, I said it will. He insisted and said he would send a 10 m cable but will not charge me. An hour later the service was active. All the channels work with my original you view box connected via the power line adapters. Enough said. Don't back down and don't believe everything they say.
Guru
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution
They should be in settings. But as I don't have the Youview Box, perhaps someone else can help.
0 Ratings
quinnster77
Contributor
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution
I got told my box may be old too. Only got the thing in May! The new channels have been available since 1st when BT Sport started working. Apparently getting a call back tomorrow. This after I had to explain that you can get the channels on Youview boxes now. Also had to show proof of where I saw this update on the website. Fingers crossed might get someone that can help tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Stuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution
If you get no joy tomorrow ask for your situation to be referred to the off line department. The options team can't sort it neither can the special exceptions team. I would still send an email as well. They followed up my email the next day and acted really quickly.
-Amt-
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution
I ordered the extra channels online on Monday late evening no problem & they were working when I turned on tv the following morning. To get those channels, like BT Sport, I have to attach Ethernet cable direct to YouView Box from Hub, the power line adapters aren't good enough for me to receive those channels.
0 Ratings
Stuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution
Do you have infinity? If you do you shouldn't need the cable. The problem people are having is when they upgrade from an existing TV package, I am guessing you placed a fresh order.
0 Ratings