cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GraemeF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Stuck on Kids! [Software version 13.4.0]

Since getting the new software (13.4.0) I have found an annoying little enhancement with BT Content.

When going into the BT app and  choosing Library. You automatically go into Box Office.

Move Left so that "Box office" is highlighted. 

Scroll down to Kids and you automatically get locked in. You can move freely about within Kids but cannot use "left" to get back out, unless you exit through using back up (and going way up a level to Library)

Scrolling up is ok (until you reach Kids and the same applys)

What with HD/Surround Films either not downloading (on HDMI) or playing in stereo  (when using Spdif), and this new enhancement,  BT content is getting quirkier every day.....

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Stuck on Kids! [Software version 13.4.0]

@GraemeF wrote:

Since getting the new software (13.4.0) I have found an annoying little enhancement with BT Content.

When going into the BT app and  choosing Library. You automatically go into Box Office.

Move Left so that "Box office" is highlighted. 

Scroll down to Kids and you automatically get locked in. You can move freely about within Kids but cannot use "left" to get back out, unless you exit through using back up (and going way up a level to Library)

Scrolling up is ok (until you reach Kids and the same applys)

What with HD/Surround Films either not downloading (on HDMI) or playing in stereo  (when using Spdif), and this new enhancement,  BT content is getting quirkier every day.....

Had exactly the same issue last night. 

0 Ratings
byattbrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

I have exactly the same, started on Thursday morning.

When going through the menu it gets stuck on KIDS > cool stuff, really anoying Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 4 of 14

Funny I should see this post. For in the last two days I have been getting the same problem on my YouView box with the getting stuck on the kids stuff when going though the menu.

Darren

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Same here but i cant get out of it,have to do a soft reset,started to dread updates they cause more problems than they cure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

This is happening on software 12.7.10 as well ( I haven't had update yet).

Discovered it last week. Found the only solution to avoid Kids was to do the following:

Main Menu

Library

Vision TV

You can then access all the TV sections.

However, if you accidentally switch to Kids then you get stuck.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Same problem here too (Software 13.4.0)
Very annoying, I've tried to remember to scroll the other way to avoid the kid's section but sometimes forget and have to sometimes restart the YV box. Sometimes I can get out by pressing the YV button.
0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

I have an engineer coming in July,call centre talked me through a full factory reset,no joy problem still there,i hope bt,youview can sort this so i can get fix without having to have replacement box.

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 9 of 14

@bobjob wrote:

I have an engineer coming in July,call centre talked me through a full factory reset,no joy problem still there,i hope bt,youview can sort this so i can get fix without having to have replacement box.

A new box won't fix it for you and it's nothing to do with YouView or the update, it's simply a coding issue within the BT player app.

While we wait for BT to fix it, you can avoid the issue by:

a) Opening the BT Player app, selecting Main Menu, scrolling up one to Library and then selecting the option you want

or

b) Opening the BT Player app, selecting Library and then scrolling updwards instead of down if you want an option ther than Box Office or Kids.

0 Ratings
thisisgil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Confirmed on both a Humax and Huwaei box.

It's easy to avoid on the Huwaei box, as the remote has a "Talk Talk" button, which when pressed, goes directly to the BT player app without the hanging.

0 Ratings