cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Subscribed Channel Issues

Hi,

I'm having weekly issues with my subscribed channels (BT Sport & Kids). I can view all non-subscribed channels, but I have a black screen and/or the ipc6019 error code (among others). 

I have fiber connection with no issues with Wifi or any other equipment using ethernet as a connection such as laptop, work computer...etc. 

My Youview box is connected via BT Mini Connector Kit. I've reset the connectors, youview box and hub and within a week or so, the channels are unavailable again. 

Any suggestions? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Subscribed Channel Issues

Hi @jbwilliamz, welcome to the community, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your Internet channels. What colour is the Data light on your mini connectors?

A red or orange data light indicates a lower than ideal speed between your Connectors. This isn’t something to worry about if your broadband and TV services are working fine.

If you’re having trouble on the devices linked with your Connectors, try the following:

1. Make sure the devices are plugged directly into wall sockets and not via extension leads
  2. Try plugging the Connector in the same room as your BT Home Hub
  3. Swap the BT Mini Connectors to isolate a problem with one in particular
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Hi Neil,

The lights are blue on both the connectors. One is in the same room as the hub and the other in the living room - all connected via ethernet. They both seem to work fine for a short duration, then for some unknown reason, the signal is lost/weak, but only on the channels I subscribe to. Like I mentioned, other equipment works fine. It's just the channels which I lose. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

@jbwilliamz

Do you have a laptop and ethernet cable that you could use for a quick test?

If so can you test your broadband speed at the hub and take note of the speed. Then move to the connecter that's beside the BTTV box and plug the ethernet cable from the BTTV box into the laptop and test the speed again.

It's possible that you are losing speed over the house wiring.

Let me know the results.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings