cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cash03
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Subscriptions disappeared

I have recently changed my internet provider from BT to Vodafone but I have kept my BT TV VIP package. After i plugged in my Vodafone router I have lost all my subscription channels. Has anyone else experienced this or have any solutions to fix this. 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: Subscriptions disappeared

BT TV subscriptions only work with BT Broadband. If Vodafone led you to believe otherwise, they've lied to you. 

0 Ratings
duncansby
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 17

Hi, my understanding is that when you take out one of the new BT TV packages you are also renewing your contract to BT broadband for a further 24 months.  Therefore if you took out a BT VIP package then you are still in contract with BT broadband, so don't understand how you managed to change to Vodafone.

You should look into this as you may be paying for both and it may be worth cancelling Vodafone if not too late

Cash03
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

I assumed the packages were all separate as I am charged separately on my bill. I was advised that the BT would only work with the BT Internet package, I have since been in touch with the BT technical and have said that this isn't the case, they think it's a problem at their end. 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 17

Somebody is telling you porkies you need BT broadband to watch BT tv, it's simply not possible to get BT tv without BT broadband

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 6 of 17

Something isn't right here, the VIP packages have only been on sale a few months, they have a 24 month minimum term and because BT broadband is a requirement, your broadband was also renewed for 24 months.

If Vodafone have taken over the line, your BT broadband will cease and so will your BTTV package, which means several hundred pounds in early termination fees.
Unless Vodafone was installed as a new line, in which case you're now with 2 providers, I'd sort this out quickly before you're tied to a Vodafone contract, cancelling either will see you pay termination fees.

You can't have BTTV without BT broadband, they might be separate services and charged separately on your bill but there's a requirement for each other.

0 Ratings
Cash03
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

An openreach engineer came out 2 days ago on behalf of Vodafone to switch it over from BT. I am still within my 14 days cool off period with Vodafone. I have spoken to 2 different people at BT and specifically asked about the TV package relying on BT Internet and they both assured me that it would work with any ISP,although I am waiting on a call back from their technical dept with a resolution

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 17

You can only get BT TV if you also have BT Broadband

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 9 of 17

@Cash03wrote:

An openreach engineer came out 2 days ago on behalf of Vodafone to switch it over from BT.

Switching providers is all external, you don't need an engineer to move to another ISP.
Did that engineer install a new master socket inside your home ?
When you placed your order with Vodafone, did BT send notification about you switching ?

I think Vodafone have installed a new line, so you now have 2 providers, which means paying 2 services, if you have a VIP BTTVpackage you're in a contract with BT until at least February/March 2022 because that is when they started selling the VIP packages.

0 Ratings
Cash03
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

So.. I've recently moved into a new house, an openreach engr came out to reactivate the line (still with BT at this point), he also moved the master socket (on my request). 2 days ago another openreach engr came out on behalf of Vodafone to complete the switch. During the whole switch process I have had no correspondance with BT. Like I said I am still within my 14 day cool down period with Vodafone, so I may cancel the switch

0 Ratings