cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Subtitles on bt film rentals

Having rented a couple of films, neither of which had the option for subtitles, i have discovered it's not a settings issue - hardly any films available have the option, apart from Forest Gump and who wants to rent that?  Very disappointing and annoying.  Really really bad service.  Why is this the case?  Is it enough to be able to get out of the bt tv contract as to my mind the service is not fit for purpose?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: Subtitles on bt film rentals

I just had a look on the BT Player and there appears to be 949 films offered with subtitles .. not sure of the precise split between Buy and Rent.

Have you navigated  on BT Player >Film > Explore Film and scroll to the right. (To the very end) With Subtitles

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Presumably a fair few of those are foreign language films?  So how many hundreds of other films does that leave that you can't watch with subtitles?  That you might want to watch...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 17

Hello @Fivephooeys

As per the previous post, if you look at the end of the "explore" section in films, there is a list of 949 films that have subtitles. These are a large mix of films from The Martian to Mean Girls and from Doctor Strange to Die Hard.

If you are having any issues finding the subtitles section, please Private Message me and I will do what I can to help.

Kind regards, 

Martin.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Who decided that was a solution?!  Look at the top five films you are promoting this week and tell me how many have subtitles.  That isn't a solution!  What a load of rubbish this "forum" turns out to be when it's bt employees that decide an issue has been solved!  Maybe i will start a new thread on that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 17

Hi @Fivephooeys Sorry about that and I have removed the solution marker on the thread now.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 17

Hello @Fivephooeys

I spoke earlier with our content team to understand how the subtitling works - this is dependant on the studio supplying us with the subtitles for us to process along with a few other issues and criteria.

I see that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2 released this week has subtitles - as do many of the other Disney Studios films. 

However I appreciate not all films are subtitled and if you rely on subtitles, it must be very frustrating to see content there which is unsutiable for you.

We do listen to customer feedback and I will pass all of your comments on to the content team. 

Kind regards, 

Martin.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Ok so just looking at the first ten new releases on the bt films page - not one of them has subtitles available.  Including Guardians of the Galaxy, incidentally.  You can try and dress it up any way you like bt guys, but you need to admit it, the provision of subtitles on the bt film platform is to put it politely, woeful.  End of story.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 17

Where  a Bonus Edition of a film is advertised on the Bt Films page it will comprise of th the film plus various extras. Eg deleted scenes , making of , interviews etc.

so for example if you select the first title of the 10 New releases currently listed  Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 bonus edition  you will see it then llists the Included titles and the movie is listed with subtitles.

Similarly Logab(Bonus Edition) and Rogue One A Star Wars Story (Bonus Edition) list in their included titles which are provided with subtitles.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Apologies, I stand corrected!  That's 3 out of 10 of the latest films that are possible to watch with subtitles. Whoopdeedoo.  So would that indicate that only 30% of the films on BT are available with them?  Maybe it's even less than that.  Be interesting if someone could provide the actual figure??

0 Ratings