cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Subtitles

Go to solution

Despite having subtiltles turned off in Settings; halfway through a Jason Bourne film tonight subtitles cut in and try as I might I couldn't get rid of them even though they were shown as still turned off in settings. Turning them on and then off and restarting the box and switching channels couldn't get rid of them. Vastly annoying so I turned off the TV had another G & T and had an early night.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Subtitles

Go to solution

@JohnnyRoss  is this still a problem today ?

was the problem yesterday solely with the Bourne film or did you have subtitles  appearing on the other channels you tried switching to ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi There, thanks for the response. Yes just appeared suddenly in the second half of the film, and nothing elsewhere.  As I said, got fed up and went to bed. No repetition today. Weird!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I guess it could be a possible transmission problem with the broadcaster or local transmitter feed. I assume as you gave up watching that you were not able to switch to using the Freeview tuner on your TV to see if the programme was similarly showing subtitles. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Must confess I didn't think of the Freeview tuner; currently watch everything through the BT Box these days. Problem hasn't re-occurred so have just put it down to a glitch.  Thanks for trying to help.

0 Ratings