cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Switched from BT Vision to 'improved' YouView+ ... no-one told me I'd lose BBC HD channels :(

Go to solution

I was persuaded by a free 'box upgrade' to a YouView+ box and to recontract for another year and move from TV Essential to Entertainment Plus at a discounted rate.

Box arrived today, all set up and running, channels working that I didn't have before. Hurrah.

But I don't have a Freeview aerial, so it seems I've lost the BBC and Channel 4 HD channels that I got through the internet before. Is this right? If so it's a massive disappointment as that was most of my viewing. I can view the BBC channels through the app but it's a massive pain.

Is my understanding correct?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
ruth554422
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Switched from BT Vision to 'improved' YouView+ ... no-one told me I'd lose BBC HD channels :(

Go to solution
Exactly what box did you have before. Going back all of bts boxes used a antenna as well as the Internet so surely you have a antenna. Youview is a combination of Internet plus antenna for the live channels so you need to plug the antenna in and tune the box.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Re: Switched from BT Vision to 'improved' YouView+ ... no-one told me I'd lose BBC HD channels :(

Go to solution

The selection of HD PSB channels that are provided on the BT Vision boxes as internet channels is due to those (BT Vision) boxes tuner not being capable of receiving the Freeview PSB HD transmissions. The Youview box tuner is able to receive subject to suitable aerial and reception the Freeview PSB HD muxes so that is the method to recieve them on those (Youview) boxes.

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You had a BT Vision box and got your BBC/ITV/C4 HD channels via the internet, unfortunately the Youview box has a HD tuner so the channels are Freeview terrestrial via the aerial, are you able to get an aerial fitted?

0 Ratings
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming. Yep, I had a BT Vision box before which did get the HD channels via the internet.

I could get an aerial sorted but I mostly watch Netflix and catch-up so it's probably not worth it.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings