cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamshaunyb
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Switching Youview Box on destroys freeview signal

It's an all in one indoor aerial. I would be tempted to buy another one but the aerial works fine when plugged into my normal tv. As I said before I wouldn't want to waste money on a new aerial for the same to happen.
0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

@Iamshaunyb wrote:
It's an all in one indoor aerial. I would be tempted to buy another one but the aerial works fine when plugged into my normal tv. As I said before I wouldn't want to waste money on a new aerial for the same to happen.

But the interference could be caused BY the aerial, especially if it's a powered type as some one models are. 

BT are highly unlikely to replace the box without an engineer visiting. If they do and they determine it's the aerial at fault they'll charge you a lot more than the £5-£10 a basic aerial will cost. 

Anyhow, there's not really anything anyone here can do for you.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 15

I'm lost. Why don't you disconnect the arial cable that is connected to the TV and just use the Youview box as the receiver. Why connect both?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Iamshaunyb
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

I'm using the pass through from the youview box. I only connected to the TV to test if switching on the ypuview box destroys the signal which it did. I'm going to buy an amplified aerial anyway. I don't hold out much hope but I have to test it.
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 15

Do you get an error message/code?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings